Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got it to work with SanDisk 64GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-064G-A46. It even came formatted in FAT32.
I have the same one in a different size:
SanDisk 128GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-128G-G46

It also came formatted FAT32 and works fine in my EX-L.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I recently picked up a sandisk ultra fit also. Love the low profile design. Works well with the car once I got past the indexing issue (but there is another thread for that).

·
19 EX-L 2.0 Obsidian Blue
37 Posts
Thanks to all the contributors to this thread. I was using an old phone that worked OK via Bluetooth, but it needed to be charged via the 12v port. After reading this thread, I spent $6.49 on a SanDisk 32GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive - SDCZ430-032G-G46. Haven't used flash drives much in the last few years and I was surprised at how small and how cheap this one is. Deleted the few PDFs that were on the drive from the manufacturer, loaded 30gb of music from Windows 10 computer, plug it in, works great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just FYI I wanted to pass along concerning USB drives and updating the navigation maps...
I can confirm that FAT32 8gb and non-FAT32 64gb drives will NOT work.
However, that 64gb, formatted to FAT32 using a third party formatting tool, DOES work.
I thought this is useful and handy information. Your mileage may vary. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wanted to drop-in and say thanks for this thread.

I picked up a SanDisk Ultra Fit 256GB USB 3.1 for $32 online, all I did was copy the included software onto my PC (it's a compression/encryption tool that may someday be useful) and delete it from the thumb drive, it came formatted in one big FAT32 partition already so no formatting was needed. All I did was load some music and it works. Specifically, I am storing everything by album, no subfolders, so as not to confuse or run into the folder limit (which I believe is 700+/- ?) by having folders within folders. I appreciate the small size of the drive, too, you can leave it in either port and it won't take up any space.

·
Triangle wins
2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5T 6-speed manual
39 Posts
When you start loading a real lot of files (100GB+) then the flash drive’s read/write speed spec comes into play. Each time you plug in the USB after adding or deleting files the car wants to reindex the whole thing. For the past 5 years the fastest flash drive of good size available anywhere was the Patriot Supersonic Rage 2 128GB and even that takes 40 min to reindex when filled close to capacity. If it’s too full it never indexes; I’m guessing it needs extra room for the index file itself.

I see Patriot now has a new Rage Elite with the same speed spec but higher capacity available. I’ll have to try one out soon since my Rage 2 is full...

41 - 46 of 46 Posts