Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
only owned my car a few weeks, up to this point I've been connecting my iPhone via BT. Tried a USB cable this morning for the first time and plugged it in AFTER I started the car. Didn't work. I left it plugged in, ran an errand, shut off the car, came back in and started the car up, this time the USB connection worked.

Is this normal operation?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Depending on which interface is connected first yes. If after connecting via BT or USB your desired output is not working you need to configure your iPhone. Swipe up from the bottom and on the lower right side you will see an AirPlay button. Hit that and select the output method you want.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on which interface is connected first yes. If after connecting via BT or USB your desired output is not working you need to configure your iPhone. Swipe up from the bottom and on the lower right side you will see an AirPlay button. Hit that and select the output method you want.
ahh, I see! Thank you!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Normal operation of the 9th gen infotainment system contains random episodes of abnormality. Some will be consistent enough to figure out a work around. Others not so much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normal operation of the 9th gen infotainment system contains random episodes of abnormality. Some will be consistent enough to figure out a work around. Others not so much.
yeah, one thing I've noticed is that when using the USB cable and starting the car, playback will start up for about 5 seconds and then be paused. Once I hit play again it's fine and doesn't do that anymore. I can't tell if it has something to do with going in/out of Reverse as a safety precaution, or if it's just a glitch.

Funny enough, my other car is a Mazda CX-5, which has many of the same issues with its electronics unit, so I'm kind of used to all this. I suspect we're in that stage where the technology is new enough that on anything below a premium/luxury brand you're still going to get a lot of these issues. Or maybe BMWs and Mercedes have the same problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts