Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so my USB port has been acting very strange. I have an iPhone and when I plug it in it charges but when I switch over to USB it says unsupported. I've tried my friends iPhone and same problem. I did have this problem once before but it was the iPod wire which I changed and that fixed the problem. Maybe I need a new wire again but the one I'm using is fairly new and works perfectly fine in wall outlets...is there anyway to reset the radios software or does anyone know what the problem could be.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Ok so my USB port has been acting very strange. I have an iPhone and when I plug it in it charges but when I switch over to USB it says unsupported. I've tried my friends iPhone and same problem. I did have this problem once before but it was the iPod wire which I changed and that fixed the problem. Maybe I need a new wire again but the one I'm using is fairly new and works perfectly fine in wall outlets...is there anyway to reset the radios software or does anyone know what the problem could be.

Are You trying to play the music on your iPhone through the USB portion of your audio system? If so, leave the iPhone plugged into the USB port and select the iPod mode. If iPod shows up as a choice. The audio system doesn't know an iPhone from an iPod while plugged into the USB port. You can connect the phone to the audio system through Bluetooth also which will allow you to use the phone through the audio system hands free.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Some chords work differently. I ran into a similar issue with my iPod 5th Video this weekend. When I plugged it into my computer using an aftermarket chord that I use to charge it, it didn't work in that it didn't show up in iTunes or under My Computer, but was charging it.

When I used an Apple chord it synced up fine. Only one way to found out...try an Apple chord to see.

My iPhone 5 works just fine with my aftermarket (Belkin) chord I've used in the past.

Hope that input helps you narrow down your issue.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

You have to select "iPod" to have the iPhone work as an IPod with the USB port.

Jay

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some chords work differently. I ran into a similar issue with my iPod 5th Video this weekend. When I plugged it into my computer using an aftermarket chord that I use to charge it, it didn't work in that it didn't show up in iTunes or under My Computer, but was charging it.

When I used an Apple chord it synced up fine. Only one way to found out...try an Apple chord to see.

My iPhone 5 works just fine with my aftermarket (Belkin) chord I've used in the past.

Hope that input helps you narrow down your issue.
The cord I'm using IS an apple cord but for some reason I think it's the cord because like I said it also didn't read for my friends phone which rules out the phone factor. And I highly doubt (and really hope) that the factory radio is acting up cause it's a new car only been driving it for 6 months. So yea when I can get my hands on another cord I'll try it

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I use to get "Unsupported USB" with this old iPhone cable i had... it was from China.... the problem was that the wires,under the covering, at where the cable hooks into the phone were exposed. So the data wires, positive and negative were all touching each other. the phone still charge but still dangerous. Glad I got rid of it and have been sticking with OEM ever since the news reported that a woman in China got electrocuted while using her phone with it plugged in.

·
4,339 Posts
I use to get "Unsupported USB" with this old iPhone cable i had... it was from China.... the problem was that the wires,under the covering, at where the cable hooks into the phone were exposed. So the data wires, positive and negative were all touching each other. the phone still charge but still dangerous. Glad I got rid of it and have been sticking with OEM ever since the news reported that a woman in China got electrocuted while using her phone with it plugged in.
From 5VDC?

Jay

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
4,339 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a 2014 Accord Sedan LX in Sept and I have been able to sync my iPhone 5 using both the USB and Bluetooth without any issues up until this past weekend. For some reason, my Accord now isn't charging my iPhone anymore nor recognizing the USB port when connected. I tried my wife's iPhone 5s and same thing - they are not charging or recognized. I removed the USB cord from my vehicle and it charges my iPhone perfectly fine when connected to a wall. Wondering if my USB port in my car is malfunctioning? I have yet to try another USB cord to see if that was the issue - but seeing how the USB cord works perfectly fine when plugged into a wall makes me think that its the port. help?

·
Registered
524 Posts
For some reason, my Accord now isn't charging my iPhone anymore nor recognizing the USB port when connected. I tried my wife's iPhone 5s and same thing - they are not charging or recognized. I removed the USB cord from my vehicle and it charges my iPhone perfectly fine when connected to a wall. Wondering if my USB port in my car is malfunctioning? I have yet to try another USB cord to see if that was the issue - but seeing how the USB cord works perfectly fine when plugged into a wall makes me think that its the port. help?
It is the port - I have had this problem intermittently for several months now, and the dealer claims it is the charging cable. Mysteriously, they said their cable worked fine when they tested it, but they weren't willing to show that to me.:dunno:

I have now tried 5 different charging cords and none of them will charge through the USB port, while all of them work fine in a wall charger.

And the USB port works fine with a flash drive. So it is not a completely defective port; however, the charging capability is gone...

·
Registered
4,651 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts