Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does Siri work (or not work) if your Accord doesn't have the Siri Eyes Free update?

Do I just push and hold the Home button on my iPhone like I normally do now?

My request would be received through the Accord's mic, and her responses will be played back over the car speakers?

Can I push and hold the talk button on steering wheel to activate (or is that exclusive to Siri Eyes Free)?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
How does Siri work (or not work) if your Accord doesn't have the Siri Eyes Free update?

Do I just push and hold the Home button on my iPhone like I normally do now?

My request would be received through the Accord's mic, and her responses will be played back over the car speakers?

Can I push and hold the talk button on steering wheel to activate (or is that exclusive to Siri Eyes Free)?
Yes

Yes

Yes

No (yes)

Jay

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So really all it does is blank my iPhone screen and let me push the steering wheel button?

If I ever wanted to hack my i-Mid and have my iPhone displayed on the 8" screen like qwertyking did, it may be better to not have that update?

·
4,339 Posts
So really all it does is blank my iPhone screen and let me push the steering wheel button?

If I ever wanted to hack my i-Mid and have my iPhone displayed on the 8" screen like qwertyking did, it may be better to not have that update?
It lets you remotely press the "home" button to activate Siri. Phone stays in your pocket or person.

Jay

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

The tab on top of iPhone screen turns purple (Siri), it does not blank out your screen.

Doesn't affect the Hacked iMid wether you do the Siri update or not.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The tab on top of iPhone screen turns purple (Siri), it does not blank out your screen.

Doesn't affect the Hacked iMid wether you do the Siri update or not.
I'm thinking more about using Siri when your phone is locked or off. If I pick up my phone and ask Siri a question she'll print here response on the screen - a special Siri only screen. I'm assuming that you won't see her printed responses with Eyes Free.

But if you've hacked your iMid like qwertyking did and do not have the Siri Eyes Free update then I'd assume that the "Siri screen" stuff would display when you're mirroring your iPhone to the iMid.

·
4,339 Posts
I'm thinking more about using Siri when your phone is locked or off. If I pick up my phone and ask Siri a question she'll print here response on the screen - a special Siri only screen. I'm assuming that you won't see her printed responses with Eyes Free.

But if you've hacked your iMid like qwertyking did and do not have the Siri Eyes Free update then I'd assume that the "Siri screen" stuff would display when you're mirroring your iPhone to the iMid.
You do not see her responses, she just reads them. As said all you get is a purple bar at the top of the screen when Siri Eyes Free is active.

Jay

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You do not see her responses, she just reads them. As said all you get is a purple bar at the top of the screen when Siri Eyes Free is active.

Jay
Yeah, I get that. For those who can't get the Siri Eyes Free update it may not be so bad. In fact it might be better. Let's assume:
  • My Accord doesn't have and can't get the Siri Eyes Free update
  • I've installed a GVIF interface like qwertyking did in the Hacking the iMid thread - and am mirroring my iPhone display on the 8" display

I would not have the convenience of pressing the button on my steering wheel to activate Siri. I would get the benefit of seeing her responses on my iMid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts