Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
My other car is a Honda
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 2001 Honda Accord V6 sedan as my 2nd car.

Got a few questions...

1. The headlights are very hazy... can somebody point me to a DIY on how to clean them up?

2. What aftermarket white headlight bulbs do you guys recommend? No, I cant afford PIAA. :)

3. What aftermarket short ram do you guys recommend? Also, go with the K&N filter or something else?

4. I was thinking of doing a full fluid flush, including tranny fluid. Anything to avoid here? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

·
Motor City
707 Posts
2) I would go with HID's especially after cleaning the headlights it would look so much brighter
4) If I were you this would be a must to begin with!

·
Registered
136 Posts
2. HID.. you can get a pair with ballasts for $60ish.. i recommend not going over 6500K.. anything else is gonna get you looked at by the cops and will be kinda a blue tint and wont help you see... the 6500k are more of a white and will light up the road..
3. There will be alot of debate on this... but all the piping for aem,K&N, Bombz racing..ect all have the same bends and types of metal.. what your paying for is a name and a stamp that makes it legal in all states.. if you live anywhere except California..go for a cheap-o off ebay and put a K&N filter on it.. you will save hundreds of dollars... just my 2 cents.. so you can save 2 cents..:D.. if you live in cali..your screwed.. shell out the big bucks..

4. I would deff do a fluid flush on everything, not only because its just a good idea but then you know what fluid, how much fluid, and what the fluids look like in the car (incase its old, brown, or never has been done before)

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
4. I would deff do a fluid flush on everything
And when he says flush he doesn't actually mean flush, at least I hope he doesn't. Drain all fluids and replace them. If the tranny fluid is not red/pink, then do a drain and fillx3, driving a few hundred miles between fills. DO NOT FLUSH using flushing machines or "cleaners" on any fluids.

·
Registered
136 Posts
And when he says flush he doesn't actually mean flush, at least I hope he doesn't. Drain all fluids and replace them. If the tranny fluid is not red/pink, then do a drain and fillx3, driving a few hundred miles between fills. DO NOT FLUSH using flushing machines or "cleaners" on any fluids.
LOL ya thats is what I ment.. DO NOT FLUSH using a flushing machine.. do as said above by replacing the fluids x3... sorry for any confusion..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts