Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honda=reliable. BMW=fun.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently took my wife's '10 Odyssey to the dealership for a transmission software update to eliminate a potential shudder at ~40mph, per a TSB issued. The van's transmission has been shifting quite smoothly, even smoother than before, I think.

Since it's gotten cold here in GA, I've noticed that the transmission in my '07 Accord V6 AT sometimes exhibits a shudder at around 40-50 mph recently. Has anyone else noticed that or am I just imagining it? Or am I due for a fluid change? :dunno:

I've talked to the dealership about a transmission fluid flush/change, and they say it's not needed until 60K miles, and mine has just about 54K miles.

·
Honda=reliable. BMW=fun.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know pricing varies depending on where you are, but what's a ballpark fair price for a proper transmission flush?

·
6,322 Posts
Local dealer here charges $75 for a single drain/fill. $150 for a full change over. I'm hoping the fluid has been changed at least once at around 30k. Also change out the at filter. The dealer may act funny about changing the filter but its a MUST. I'm pretty sure the 07 at comes from the factory with an inline filter.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
You want to do a drain & fill, not a flush.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I also get the "shudder". Almost feels like the damn torque converter is engaging and then disengaging 10 times per second. its annoying so I either back off the gas or give it more.... I'm still not sure what it is exactly. I have 160K on my K24

·
Honda=reliable. BMW=fun.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had the drain and fill done before Christmas, $61.89 out the door, including tax, and the charge includes 4 quarts of transmission fluid. The transmission seems to be shifting smoother now. I plan to have it done again in 5K miles when the car hits 60K miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts