Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just got a new accord last week bone stock. I noticed around 2700 rpm (when the eco light goes on or off) I can feel a shift point in the trans. Is that normal?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2010 Accord V6 Sedan ExL w/ Nav. It has slightly over 2000 miles on it now. At the very beginning I think I felt the transmission or engine cylinders shifting in or out of the Eco mode. Even if I felt it was nothing substantial. Now I do not feel anything at all, the transmission and the engine works like magic. I love this Eco feature in my car. After I crossed 2000 miles, the oil indicator shows 80% and I am now getting 20+ miles per galloln in city driving. I used to get 19+ when it was brand new. The fuel grade that I use is 88 because we do not get 87 here in southern Utah. The standard grade here is 85 and I always use 88 instead of the 85. I am hoping that the awkward feeling that you are having will go away once you put a few thousand miles on your new ride.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Hello. Just got a new accord last week bone stock. I noticed around 2700 rpm (when the eco light goes on or off) I can feel a shift point in the trans. Is that normal?
That's normal. The VCM V6 and trans makes all kinds of motions. Some you can feel, some you can't. The non-planetary gear trans that Honda uses is not the smoothest. In fact, Honda is on the only manufacture using it.

So it's the combo of being in 3-4-6 cylinder mode, trans shifts, and torque converter locking it up.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
It sounds like normal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts