Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying a v6 coupe AT.
Wanted to know if you guys are happy with AT or regret buying it and wish you had the MT.
Let me know.
I've test driven the AT and was pretty impressed for a 15 min test drive.
What's it like day in and day out.
Need Auto because: Wife does not drive manual has a CRV but will drive it every now and then.
Thxs

·
:)
101 Posts
Have mine for almost a year. No regrets :)

2013 Accord EX-L Coupe V6
White Orchid Pearl
20% Tint
LED interior

·
Registered
234 Posts
No regrets getting mine. I was really holding out for a manual, but when a deal on an auto came that I couldn't pass up, I was conflicted. Eventually I went with the auto, and believe me, if there were no paddle shifters, I would definitely never had considered the auto. I do a lot of freeway driving, and when I'm sitting in SoCal traffic I'm glad I went with it. When I head into some canyons, I put it into sport mode and use the paddle shifters, and I have to say, I really like them. They work quite well, there's a half second delay between hitting the paddle and the shift happening, but overall I'm very happy with it. There are times when I still wish that I'd waited for a manual, but those moments have been few and far between.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I also don't have a single regret in buying an auto and agree the paddle shifters do help. Whatever way you go, you will have a great car and will enjoy it!

2013 Accord Coupe EX-L Navi V6 AT Modern Steel Metallic
35% Full Tint
LED interior
BOSS Custom wheels

·
Registered
66 Posts
I miss standard but you eventually get over it or I can be the first to convert EX-L w/ navi to manual lol.

Accord overall is GREAT car and at the end of the day no regrets.

·
Love my Coupe
32 Posts
No regrets here!

Love mine, I enjoy keeping it clean and shinny!

Attachments

·
2013 EX-L V6-6MT
348 Posts
Hey guys, I'm planning on buying a v6 coupe AT.
Wanted to know if you guys are happy with AT or regret buying it and wish you had the MT.
Let me know.
I've test driven the AT and was pretty impressed for a 15 min test drive.
What's it like day in and day out.
Need Auto because: Wife does not drive manual has a CRV but will drive it every now and then.
Thxs
Teach your wife to drive a stick. Get the MT. Trust me, you'll be glad you did. I've owned mine since June and I literally look forward to driving every time I head for my car, even if it's just the 15 minute drive to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my AT; No regrets whatsoever. *Disclaimer - I have never owned a MT, but i have driven a few stick shifts. I know true "Drivers" hate Automatics, but Mya (my baby) gets GREAT gas mileage -with or without ECO on- and can MOVE!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I love manuals, but with the paddle shifters on the Coupe I can still downshift into turns and down hills. I bought the Auto due to my wife, we also have a 5 speed Mustang GT and she preferred not having 2 of our 3 cars being pure manual so I gave in. And "Donkman" how did you get that 2 tone interior?? I love it, looks great

·
Registered
73 Posts
It's all about you

It is really what you want. If you do a lot of stop and go a manual can become bothersome. If your a young guy who likes to go fast get a manual. If your a older guy who likes to cruise, but have that power on tap when you need it? Go with the auto. :yes:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mostly driven auto all my life ...got MT..look forward to driving it everyday. Also, nobody drives my car now. :)

·
2014 Accord EX-L V6 Coupe
63 Posts
Had mine since October. First automatic I've had in many years. Totally love the power and responsiveness. No regrets at all

·
Registered
608 Posts
Owned mostly manual cars my life so I had no desire to be shifting again unless I was stuck with a 4 banger. The V6 makes plenty of smooth low end power so you never need to work the engine out just to keep up with fast moving traffic and that's where an auto works pretty good with.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I all my previous car had been MT. I decided to give AT a try, so a purchased 7gen v6 coupe. Loved the car, but i could not take driving a AT anymore. Took the car to the dealer and came out with 9gen coupe V6 w/nav MT. and i do not regret it all. Still to this day if my 7gen was MT, i would still be driving that car. What i am trying to say if you are really a MT driver, you should stick with it. There is just something about MT, makes me feel that I am in control of my car.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think it depends on your lifestyle. For me the AT does great I spent 9 years with an MT and am happy to say I went auto. For me it wasn't a sport car it's a luxury coupe with a very strong engine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i love my AT. the paddle shifters are a lot of fun. there are times I wish I had a MT, but the AT is just more practical. I've owned two MT vehicles in the past, and i definitely don't miss them when I'm in traffic every day.

it just comes down to your wants and how you're gonna drive it every day.

·
Registered
138 Posts
This topic always opens a can of worms. Get the manual transmission v6 coupe. There is no comparison when it comes to overall performance and handling! Been driving for 15 years, 11 with a manual transmission.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
842 Posts
Some folks like shifting, others hate it, still others don't care one way or the other. I don't know which kind you are, but I say buy whatever you want. You can't go wrong with either one as long as you make the best choice for your particular circumstances. :thmsup:

If you want the manual and the wife is the only reason you're leaning towards the automatic, I'd say consider how often she would be driving it and what kind of attitude she has towards learning the skill... whether she's interested, could take it or leave it, or absolutely refuses to.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This topic always opens a can of worms. Get the manual transmission v6 coupe. There is no comparison when it comes to overall performance and handling! Been driving for 15 years, 11 with a manual transmission.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Well, there is a comparison, in pure performance, the Auto gives up nothing to the manual in performance, and gets an extra 3mpg. But there is nothing like the direct feel and connection to the car you get with a manual transmission. Honda makes the best manual transmissions, with outstanding clutch feel and precise shifters for front wheel drive cars, bar none.

Having said that, I have an auto, one for the extra MPG and two because my commute entails lots of stop and go traffic and driving a manual in that sucks. This is actually the first new car I have purchased with an automatic and I do not regret it for a second. Sitting in traffic is not as frustrating as it used to be with a manual.

Contrary to others, I find the paddles virtually useless. I hardly ever use them as that delay for me defeats the purpose and makes using them unrewarding. I use plain D most of the time and find the transmission is more than responsive enough to get me the power I need when I need it.

And, I have gotten as much as 34 MPG on the highway (according to the computer). That wont happen with the manual :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts