Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just had a general question and was hoping you can give your inputs. Couple years ago my 91" camry kept dying on me so I had enough and was going to buy one of the most reliable cars around..a civic. However the dealer convinced me to get an accord since he thought the civic would be too small. Anyways long story short, I didnt really care at the moment what I drove just as long as it didnt die on me and now I fell in love. It is a 2007 accord lx i4. However after driving around I started noticing the v6 versions and just love the way they look all around. So I really regretted now not getting the top of the line Accord. I just purchased the v6 rims, (the ones that look like large knives going around) and since these are 17" and my original came with I think 15" if this would be really bad for my engine or transmission? Like I dont know if the extra weight or space would mess up my car really badly or would it last a long time like Honda's are meant to. btw this car is in great condtion since it only has 41k miles on it and would like to keep it forever! (if possible) thanks for any input you guys can give and hope you have a great weekend.

·
Banned
694 Posts
Not even an issue.

With the OEM 17x7 wheels, they used a 215/50 R17 right from the factory. Hell, I use a 235/45 R17 tire with my 17x8 ROH Adrenalins on my 05 Accord Coupe, I have the K24 engine as well.

Figure out what tire size you want (either 215/50 R17 or 225/45 R17 will be just fine) install and be happy!

Also, if you live up north or where it gets cold/snowy for the winter, keep your stock wheels for the cold months and slap winter tires on them if needed. Always good to have a dedicated set of winter wheels.

·
I <3 My Honda
3,243 Posts
It's fine.
x2. Just run the 17" size tire that is most equivalent to your 15" stock tire as to not throw your speedometer off. Discount Tire Direct makes it very simple to do - under the Tires section type in your '07 LX i4 and it will give you the stock 15" size, as well as tire sizes for plus one (16"), plus two (17"), etc. Then by using a Tire Size Calculator you can compare the ratio/diameter differences between the two sizes. G'luck and enjoy your new V6 wheels :)

·
Bob's your UNCLE ...
2,027 Posts
The higher trim K24 (i4) models also came with 17's, not just the J30/35 (V6) trims ... I wouldn't worry if I where you. Be on point with the regular maintenance, and longevity won't be an issue.

I've got a k24 sedan, and I'll be putting on OEM 17's the next time my tires need changing. I'm on refinished 16's at the moment.

·
Fear The Turtle!
1,883 Posts
The higher trim K24 (i4) models also came with 17's, not just the J30/35 (V6) trims ... I wouldn't worry if I where you. Be on point with the regular maintenance, and longevity won't be an issue.

I've got a k24 sedan, and I'll be putting on OEM 17's the next time my tires need changing. I'm on refinished 16's at the moment.
Damn you lucky Canadians! In the US the EX-L K24 got 16's. V6's were the only ones to come equipped with 17's, not sure if that's true for the V6 cars in lower trims.

I put Acura 18's on my Accord with no issue, just a slight weight penalty in rotational mass at each corner. That can affect acceleration,braking and durability of bearings and drive axles but you won't notice it unless you double the weight at each corner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts