Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2013 V6 EX L w/o nav and recently observed this issue. After starting the car using push button start and still in P, the moment i dab (press) the break, i hear a sound (like a loud tick) from under (inside) the shift knob. So, if i press and release the brake say 5 times continuously, i hear tick, tick, tick, tick, tick. Is this normal :dunno:? do you guys hear the same sound when you press and release your brake in P. Its so irritating to hear this :headbash:.

-Avi

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I got a 2013 V6 EX L w/o nav and recently observed this issue. After starting the car using push button start and still in P, the moment i dab (press) the break, i hear a sound (like a loud tick) from under (inside) the shift knob. So, if i press and release the brake say 5 times continuously, i hear tick, tick, tick, tick, tick. Is this normal :dunno:? do you guys hear the same sound when you press and release your brake in P. Its so irritating to hear this :headbash:.

-Avi
Shift lock. Pressing the brake pedal releases the shifter.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Lol

·
Registered
10 Posts

-Avi
Let's see, can you shift out of park without pressing the break [sic]? No? But it works when you do press the break [sic]?

That magic is caused by that click. You could also press the break [sic] and loudly say "shazam" - you won't hear the click and it'll do the same thing.

On the other hand, you could try to force out it of Park without pressing break [sic] but then you'll break something and then you'll need to step on the brake to keep from hitting something.

That relay has only been around since shortly after the invention of automatic transmissions (I know it was on the 1985 Jaguar I owned and I'm 99% sure it was on my '79 Ford, but not on my 1962 MB 220SE). It was mandated by Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act in 2007.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Let's see, can you shift out of park without pressing the break [sic]? No? But it works when you do press the break [sic]?

That magic is caused by that click. You could also press the break [sic] and loudly say "shazam" - you won't hear the click and it'll do the same thing.

On the other hand, you could try to force out it of Park without pressing break [sic] but then you'll break something and then you'll need to step on the brake to keep from hitting something.

That relay has only been around since shortly after the invention of automatic transmissions (I know it was on the 1985 Jaguar I owned and I'm 99% sure it was on my '79 Ford, but not on my 1962 MB 220SE). It was mandated by Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act in 2007.
Related question: On my shift knob there is a button. If I don't press the button, I can't shift out of P. Is my car broken? Can I file a lemon law claim for this? ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Related question: On my shift knob there is a button. If I don't press the button, I can't shift out of P. Is my car broken? Can I file a lemon law claim for this? ;)

I do not have a button. Is there something wrong with my car?

To the OP: I don't have any breaks in my car yet. I try to take care of it as it is still quite new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts