Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if it's suppose to sound like this but it sounds like my valves are ticking really loud like that's all I hear I don't hear motor and I say it's my valves cuz as I accelerate it gets louder and the ticking gets faster also

·
Sgt. Pressure
28 Posts
Did you notice this happen all the sudden or was it a gradual thing?

Couple things that make a rhythmic ticking in the top end.

Valves of course
Stuck or loud injector(s)
Detonation (pinging) but thats only usually under moderate to heavy acceleration.
or something loose in the engine bay.

Does it sound like one tick (tick tick tick tick) or multiple at the same time? Can you isolate the sound by poking your head under the hood?

I take it you are talking about the v6 in your signature.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I have a v6 auto and i can hear it from just having the window down,it kinda sounds like multiple ticks and yea it's like a tick tick tick tick type and it wasn't all of a sudden like I don't remember if it was like that when I first bought it or not some of my friends say it's injectors and some say it's my valves and I bring it to the dealer and they say nothing is wrong with it but all they do is check the computer and if nothing comes up than nothing is wrong to them so idk

·
Sgt. Pressure
28 Posts
Well I would like to think if the tech at the dealer really though it was the valves they would say so.. but unfortunately thats not always the case. If it was a 4cyl I would tell you just to check them yourself.. but on the v6 you will have to remove the intake and its not as easy as on a 4cyl. but still doable.

I know up to 07 the valves in the v6 were adjustable (screw and jam nut).. can someone confirm this for an 08 as well?

To put your mind at ease a little.. Honda valve trains are notoriously loud.. specially the 4cyl... its not loose valves that cause problems.. its tight ones.. which would make no noise. A tappy engine is a happy engine :)

·
6,322 Posts
What brand oil are you using? Sometimes that makes a difference. Try Mobil or Motorcraft if your not already using one of those.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use mobil 1 full synthetic and have always used supreme gas,shell and exxon only

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
have u resolved your ticking issue? i might know what it is.

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
WHAT IS IT LOL got me wondering all day hahaha
what kind of rims do u have? my lexanis (see avatar) have a chrome lip that have been popping/clicking/squeaking. if u have a similar lip i am willing to bet thats youre problem. if not then i have no idea............i have already had one wheel replaced for manufacture warranty and waiting on the second replacement....sorry for leaving u hanging with the delayed response.

·
3.5L i-vtec VCM
200 Posts
i just realized u are referring to a clicking noise come from youre engine bay. lol sorry

·
Registered
15 Posts
if the ticking noise gets louder as you accelerate than yes the valves need to be adjusted. you do not need to remove the intake but its not fun either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts