Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 97, 5-speed, VTech Honda Accord. I installed an MPG vaporizer, AGS (Manufacturer of the Fuel Vaporizer MPG System) Carburetor Vaporizer Fuel System, on my car. The standard mileage specs for this car are 22/28. I now get 27-28/38 mpg.
1st photo shows a "home-brew" condensator. It is just a glass jar with in flow to bottom of jar and exhaust from the top to suck out vapors. If the car is old and has oil blow-by from the PCV, the heavier oil will stay in bottom of jar and vapors will be exhausted out to intake manifold. You can also see an inline valve on the exhaust line to control the air flow so idle doesn't start racing.
2nd photo show the same jar on side. I put in steel wool to make sure the oil doesn't get exhausted into the intake manifold.
3rd photo shows the MPG unit. I sourced the fuel from a T (open 1/4 turn) in the high pressure fuel line. My vacuum is sourced from after the air filter so as not to pull any oil into the vaporizer causing it to delay vaporizing. Not shown here is a where the PCV is T'ed into the line that goes to the condensator jar, after the vaporizer.
I have a video of the set up but it says it is too large to upload.
So fuel is sourced from the T in the fuel line, goes to the MGP unit, photo 3, and then to the condensator jar, photo 1-2. The MPG unit is set for 10 drops/liter/minute. Mine is 2.2L so about 22-24 drops/minute

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Video of MPG vaporizer on 97 Accord

You can see the video I made of the MPG vaporizer on my 97 Accord on YOUTUBE. Just google up "MPG vaporizer on 97 Accord"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts