Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Me back at it again with the mods.

So we got the vcmmuzzler2 here and I'm reading about all sorts of different models ridgelines, odysseys but I'm not seeing a while lot from accord users.

Seems like the blue resistor seems to be popular following the red, I live in the Midwest specifically Michigan if anyone has some insight.

I do have a Bosch od2 scanner and I plan to monitor the coolant temp and I know the muzzler takes it down to about 165 I just want to double check what I'm doing.

Next step is to change the tranny fluid waiting on shipping from a Lincoln dealer for 5$ a quart so I'm happy about that

·
Registered
2016 accord touring
13 Posts
Using this style of muzzler will always make you run rich.. best way is ktuner because it will disable it from the software ..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Using this style of muzzler will always make you run rich.. best way is ktuner because it will disable it from the software ..
Edit:here's some good reading to do about the muzzler not affecting the arf a oddysey user collected data

Feels great! Just disabled the VCM!

I'm not a fan of misinformation and the more I read the more it points away from what you were saying sorry

I appreciate the input unfortunately ktuner is slightly beyond my current budget and plans. I'm very surprised all the searching I did I never read that.

I understand the concept before the engine warms up it is using more fuel in open loop and having my coolant temperature always reading as 165 the car won't think it's warmed up pretty much ever.

I would like to hear more opinions about ktuner vs a basic muzzler from other members if you guys want to chime in!

·
Madiganistan/Chicago
144 Posts
Using this style of muzzler will always make you run rich...
Yeah...... Wrong.
Just get an SVCM and don't worry about the resistor changing with location or season.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah...... Wrong.
Just get an SVCM and don't worry about the resistor changing with location or season.
Yeah I'm not saying I won't consider svcm but with vcmtuner2 vcmmuzzler2 and svcm it makes it hard.to really say one is more superior to the other unless I say I don't want to mess with it or I want the microcontroller to reprogram tps. I'm likely to upgrade to a vcmtuner2

·
Registered
2016 accord touring
13 Posts
Im running the factory map with the vcm disabled and it just feels smooth.. . Yes it is expensive and maybe i could do more woth ktuner but i am happy knowing that all my 6 cylinders are running all time
Hey guys! Me back at it again with the mods.

So we got the vcmmuzzler2 here and I'm reading about all sorts of different models ridgelines, odysseys but I'm not seeing a while lot from accord users.

Seems like the blue resistor seems to be popular following the red, I live in the Midwest specifically Michigan if anyone has some insight.

I do have a Bosch od2 scanner and I plan to monitor the coolant temp and I know the muzzler takes it down to about 165 I just want to double check what I'm doing.

Next step is to change the tranny fluid waiting on shipping from a Lincoln dealer for 5$ a quart so I'm happy about that
Yeah...... Wrong.
Yeah...... Wrong.
Can you explain why it is wrong?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If a mod would approve my post you will see the link from the odyssey fourms that has more than one person's opinion and information and they and many others claim you are incorrect I posted the link but a mod has to approve it I'm not copying and pasting it look it up on google you will find odyssey,accord,pilot,and ridgeline fourms

Im running the factory map with the vcm disabled and it just feels smooth.. . Yes it is expensive and maybe i could do more woth ktuner but i am happy knowing that all my 6 cylinders are running all time
Yeah I can't understand what you are saying anymore.you say to get ktuner then you say you aren't using ktuner so.

Like I said if you search you see that Vcmmuzzler2 doesn't make it rich

·
Madiganistan/Chicago
144 Posts
Using a VCM muzzler that plugs into temp sensor does not cause the engine to run rich all the time.

Using a VCM muzzler that plugs into temp sensor does not cause the engine to run rich all the time.
The VCM muzzlers still allow closed loop O2 sensor function as intended.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah I'm not saying I won't consider svcm but with vcmtuner2 vcmmuzzler2 and svcm it makes it hard.to really say one is more superior to the other unless I say I don't want to mess with it or I want the microcontroller to reprogram tps. I'm likely to upgrade to a vcmtuner2
I would agree and just get s-vcm, had it for a few months and no problems yet (here in minnesota where we saw temps drop to -30-40 the other week, car was still running fine with vcm still disabled). I was in the market thinking about ktuner regarding the vcm disable too as I have a civic si and it could benefit both, but it simply isn't worth the cost. Just pay the $110 for s-vcm and move on with it, it's just a simple wire reprogram and connect to your battery negative, you'll greatly appreciate the engine more after the install for sure.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already purchased the vcmmuzzler2 but if I am unhappy with it in any shape or form I will save up and get a vcmtuner2.

I'll post my results here I plan to use the blue resistor and I intend to install the product for a small road trip over the weekend so I don't keep looking down to see the damn eco light going on and off

·
8th Gen Believer
4,358 Posts
This is a good thread. Lots of members a couple of years ago claimed the vcm muzzler was necessary to reduce oil consumption. Has anyone actually experienced this? Does anyone know or believe that vcm causes oil consumption?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is a good thread. Lots of members a couple of years ago claimed the vcm muzzler was necessary to reduce oil consumption. Has anyone actually experienced this? Does anyone know or believe that vcm causes oil consumption?
From motor(dot)com

Probable Cause: The VCM (variable cylinder management) function may repeatedly switch on and off during certain light-throttle operation, at cruising speeds, on flat roads. This frequent switching can contribute to increased oil consumption.

From usautologic(dot)com.

When the VCM system engages sporadically, it can cause piston rings blow-by, spark plugs fouling and additional oil consumption.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Well it's installed now so we shall see.

Day 1: works fine on blue and the eco light never came on once but I see feel a decent amount of engine braking still

I'll compare data with my odb scanner then use the factory bypass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts