Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just replaced my oem stereo. everything works well except the vent. its stuck on one mode, and as of right now, its stuck on the windshield defroster. anyone know a solution to this? thanks

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
Replaced the OEM stereo with what? Another OEM, or did you use the Metra Dash kit? Or is this a lower pocket install?

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
Do you have Single Zone AC, or Dual Zone Auto Climate Control? Sounds like you bought the wrong head unit that did not match your climate control. Or, the stereo you bought has a faulty HVAC control board.

·
'06 Coupe EX V6/6MT
1,603 Posts
What year model car do you have? DX/LX/SE/EX/etc, and what faceplate did you buy?

If you got a a mismatched zone control, you could plug it in, but it wouldn't function properly as you're noting, but if it's the same (single/Dual) that you have now, I'd vote that it's faulty, too. But I'd still be curious where your mismatch is and if it would be something suspiciously different that might cause that issue.

·
lookin' clean
671 Posts
sounds faulty.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have Single Zone AC, or Dual Zone Auto Climate Control? Sounds like you bought the wrong head unit that did not match your climate control. Or, the stereo you bought has a faulty HVAC control board.
i have an lx 4cyl single zone AC. everything works fine, just the modes wont switch.
What year model car do you have? DX/LX/SE/EX/etc, and what faceplate did you buy?

If you got a a mismatched zone control, you could plug it in, but it wouldn't function properly as you're noting, but if it's the same (single/Dual) that you have now, I'd vote that it's faulty, too. But I'd still be curious where your mismatch is and if it would be something suspiciously different that might cause that issue.
lx. my original one was 2AC0, the one i bought was 2AA1. does that make a difference? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts