Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a somewhat annoying buzzing noise from the blower fan behind the glove box. It's almost like a metallic clicking noise that speeds up when you turn the fan up on higher speeds. Completely goes away when the AC or heater is off. Figure I'd just wait to take it in until my first service although from previous experience you trade 1 problem for 2 when in for service.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I did notice the same buzzing. It can only be heard at idle with the radio off though. It appears like with the 8th Gen, Honda chose not to insulate the blower motor on the 9th Gen 4-cylinder cars. On the 8th Gen this trim piece could be purchased and installed to eliminate the buzzing. It essentially dampened the noise. It came standard on the V6 cars.http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/77346-TA6-A01.html

On the 9th Gen it looks like the blower motor has been relocated. It appears to have an extra outer plastic shell but no insulation. It is located near the center console under the glovebox.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2013 Accord Sedan EX-L
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you HondaGuy :thmsup: I'm going to have to check this out some more to see if this piece can also be purchased for the 9th Gen. I definitely can hear it even while driving down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts