Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the set up I am doing on my 13 Sport 6-speed. Should be a nice set-up but I need to verify the front speakers. Crutchfield is suggesting 5 1/4 up front.

Polk Audio db6501 = Will these fit or will there be issues?
Polk Audio db651s
Pioneer GM-D8604 4 channel Amp = Own already
Pioneer GM-D7500M Mono Amp = Own already
Pioneer TSW310D4 Sub = Own already
AudioControl LC6i

Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
Seems like many are fitting 6.5's up front (or close to 6.5's as all are measured a little differently) just fine. You'll need spacers most likely. If I were you i'd scrap the rears and put that into the budget for the fronts OR use that money for deadening/sealing the front doors. MUCH more of an upgrade that more SPL in certain frequencies (...yes...'certain' frequencies since you're going to introduce more cancellations due to running rears)

Everything else looks fine. What are you spending on the LC6i? I'm not sure what the stock voltage is from the HU, but you might not even need it. Have you check to see what it is and what voltages your amps accept?

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Here is the set up I am doing on my 13 Sport 6-speed. Should be a nice set-up but I need to verify the front speakers. Crutchfield is suggesting 5 1/4 up front.

Polk Audio db6501 = Will these fit or will there be issues?
Polk Audio db651s
Pioneer GM-D8604 4 channel Amp = Own already
Pioneer GM-D7500M Mono Amp = Own already
Pioneer TSW310D4 Sub = Own already
AudioControl LC6i

Thanks for the help in advance.
I have the DB6501's up front amplified to 80 watts, also on an amp with bass boost. They sound amazing, even without any kind of sound deadening. Crutchfield is pissing me off with the 2013 speaker specs. The 5.25" come with 6.5" brackets. 6.5" with the brackets work. The DB651 has two models available, the DB651 and DB651s("shallow", which ironically is not shallower). Crutchfield does not recommed the DB651 and will not include free brackets and wiring adapters with your purchase. My last few purchases have been from sonicelectronix

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the DB6501's up front amplified to 80 watts, also on an amp with bass boost. They sound amazing, even without any kind of sound deadening. Crutchfield is pissing me off with the 2013 speaker specs. The 5.25" come with 6.5" brackets. 6.5" with the brackets work. The DB651 has two models available, the DB651 and DB651s("shallow", which ironically is not shallower). Crutchfield does not recommed the DB651 and will not include free brackets and wiring adapters with your purchase. My last few purchases have been from sonicelectronix
Just put on that your car is a 2012 accord. Since we know that the 6501 and the 651 fit. By doing this you get the brackets and harness for free then

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Just put on that your car is a 2012 accord. Since we know that the 6501 and the 651 fit. By doing this you get the brackets and harness for free then
Hey, thanks.

6speedmaster,

If you want to save some money, sonicelectronix actually has the DB6501's for $30 dollars cheaper, and the 651's 5 dollars cheaper I believe. The DB6501's came with a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I ordered the db6501's and the LC7i instead of the LC6. I used amazon for my speakers and AMP this time around instead of Crutchfield. Will be installing soon :thmsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got everything finally installed. WOW it is so clear and loud. Car sounds amazing. :thmsup:

·
2005 Accord EX-L *SSM*
423 Posts
Hey 6speed, I used to have the DB6501's.
I'd like to know, what is your treble set at?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have a factory system right now in my Sport, but I am looking at audio components to build a front-end (for now) setup. I know the AC LC7i improves on the factory stereo, but if I have no subwoofer (later down the road), will this processor be worth buying now or later on?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I would do it now. It makes the install easier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am with wrenchspinner , I want to see some pictures.

Steve
I will post them tomorrow. Sorry have not been on the site for a while. Just posted them :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.