Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car continues to impress me with its versatility.

If you have pics of your car with cargo, post them here if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
doesn't that scratch your roof?

·
Registered
137 Posts
LOL! Ya, me too. Way too OCD to use mine for something like that.

Must say though...that sedan looks awesome!

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Ouch !

I think I am going to have to do the same thing in 2 weeks, but am thinking to ask my Dad to borrow his Cherokee. I am really afraid of scratching the roof..I don't even have swirls yet, and I have Crystal Black so everything is going to show, even with a sheet or something beneath. The trunks are pretty big so maybe wrapped with the seat folded down to allow pass through might be a way to go..I am dreading the decision actually.:dunno: And I used Wet Paint so the thing is probably gonna slide right off the minute I hit 20 mph.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
If you don't drive like a maniac, it shouldn't really move around much if it's secured tightly.

And it's not so hard to put a blanket or cloth of some type underneath it to prevent scratching.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The only thing I will comment on about this is that I wish the 2dr was a hatchback. If it was then I could pile much more stuff in the trunk.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The only thing I will comment on about this is that I wish the 2dr was a hatchback. If it was then I could pile much more stuff in the trunk.

Same here, the hatckback is a great feature to have. It was really help full getting lumber when i had my integra =D it was funny how i ended up taking my tiny integra over my moms suv... mainly cause it was new at that time

·
Generation 9
565 Posts
Not worried about maniacal driving on my part, but the one hour drive on the parkway to get home from the place where I traditionally cut down a tree. Also lots of cloth fibers do lead to scratches depending on the materials. That's why they suggest terry or microfiber when polishing. Even tied down they move on long trips..Happy Holidays !

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Not worried about maniacal driving on my part, but the one hour drive on the parkway to get home from the place where I traditionally cut down a tree. Also lots of cloth fibers do lead to scratches depending on the materials. That's why they suggest terry or microfiber when polishing. Even tied down they move on long trips..Happy Holidays !
Right, just use a big terry cloth towel or a even a smooth bed sheet perhaps, also make sure the roof is clean.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Id rather have it delivered.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I only drove about 3 miles from where I bought the tree. I didn't get any scratches on the roof. It was raining so the water could have helped a little too. I wouldn't haul the tree for an hour on my roof though. Local pickup preferred.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Honestly if your worried about scratches than just get a nice thick mechanical blanket or wool.... Problem solved. Car looks great BTW. Looks like a Honda commercial lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
Just thought I'd add your car looks amazing. Thats a look I would love to have if I wasn't a poor college student.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just thought I'd add your car looks amazing. Thats a look I would love to have if I wasn't a poor college student.
If you look and price things for awhile with patience, you can get the look for cheap.

Wheels - $500
Tires - $600
Coilovers - Free(ground control prototype)
Grille - Free (after a minor accident)
Rack - $200 (used on ebay)
Forum Peeps comments - Priceless

1 - 18 of 18 Posts