Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Honda accord ex has slowly been having A/C issues over the last few months but its at its worst as we speak.

I noticed originally that my car would not be as cool as it used to be and quite a bit of condensation would be dripping out from under the car. After say 10-15 minutes of driving in warm Florida weather it would become kinda a luke-warm musty air and sometimes return to ice cold during the same drive, I suspected I had a leak and I got my refrigerate looked at and everything seemed to be normal oddly, no leaks. I ended up getting the system recharged and it seemed to help for the most part but was never as cold as it once was, but after a few weeks the issue returned.

As of right now the car will have cold A/C on start up and for short drives but once the luke-warm air starts coming out the car gets a VERY bad shake and the idle dips way down to 600 rpm when the A/C compressor first engages and then comes back up shorty after. Another thing to note is when its in its luke-warm state and I turn the blower motor all the way up it will do the horrible shake and then get ice cold again.

Any idea what this could be? I suspect maybe a bad compressor or possibly a bad motor mount for the vibration part. I don't want to go and buy a new compressor and get the system recharged again if its not the issue, Thanks.

· Registered
2013 Accord Sport CVT
101 Posts
You can try checking the condenser, fins can be lost from road debris, this can cause performance problems gradually. On a startup this is not a problem since the condenser can store some heat, but without enough fins the condenser will overheat and let hot refrigerant to enter evaporator. Try get a temperature (by probe gun or use your finger with care) along the ac lines and see if everything is behaving normally.

I lost almost 1/5 of my fins, but AC still working fine in where I live. I only see 30-35C with 50% humidity in the hottest days though.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can try checking the condenser, fins can be lost from road debris, this can cause performance problems gradually. On a startup this is not a problem since the condenser can store some heat, but without enough fins the condenser will overheat and let hot refrigerant to enter evaporator. Try get a temperature (by probe gun or use your finger with care) along the ac lines and see if everything is behaving normally.

I lost almost 1/5 of my fins, but AC still working fine in where I live. I only see 30-35C with 50% humidity in the hottest days though.
Very true. It could be just getting heatsoaked, I'll definitely check that out. Ty!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts