Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just want to seek out the experienced Accordians out there for some advice.

Ok so here's the thing. I recently put on new tires that are a bit wider and bigger with SUCCESS on stock wheels.
from 235/40/19 to 255/40/19.
Although most of the Netizens agreed there should be no rubbing issues which thankfully there weren't, albeit some of the tire dudes at Costco were skeptical and gave me disclaimer scares about rubbing!

Furthermore, we are past that and I'm happy and it worked and so on and so forth but I realized this still pushed my clearance to a certain limit.

Now, I want to purchase a specific set of WHEELS but have a measurement of 19/8.5 --> 40mm offset as opposed to the stock OEM wheel's offset of
50mm at 19/8.5 ... (yeah they dont have 50mm unfortunately of this wheel.)

And Ofcourse I'm keeping the newly acquired tires 255/40/19 (which obviously stretched the clearance in a direction already)

In turn, my question is first off , which direction (inside or outside? or both?) did by bigger tires push the limit before rubbing?

Secondly, and more importantly did the 10mm Difference of going from 50mm offset to 40mm offset, with same new tires be detrimental to Clearance?

Hope someone can help. Thanks and more power to all of you!

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts
I'm running 255/35/R19, 9.5" wide at +38 with no issues. A 10mm offset change is minimal. You're fine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm running 255/35/R19, 9.5" wide at +38 with no issues. A 10mm offset change is minimal. You're fine.
Normally I would nod to this without question, however i did change to 255 from 235 which already ate most of the room "allowance" ... now to add another possible half inch ( 50mm to 40mm) ...could be the thin red line :( remember its also still at 8.5 (new wheel im potentially getting) not 9.5 like yours sir.

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's the difference between yours (green) and my setup (orange):

As you can see, mine stick out further inboard and outboard and I have no clearance issues either way. You can go way, way lower than +40 offset on an 8.5".
Thank you for taking time in doing this clear visual! Gives me peace of mind. Wonder why the Costco tire manager was really doubtful that i wouldn't have clearance issues just by going from 235/40/19 to 255/40/19 lol... made it clear on receipt to that they aren't liable etc etc... made me 2nd guess the thoroughness of my research a bit.

How close currently is ur wheel current setup from hitting the fenders if you don't mind me asking? ;)

·
More cars, more problems
361 Posts
No problem :)

Here's some pictures of how my car currently sits so you can judge for yourself:

I'm lowered and have no issues with rubbing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts