Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chicago Honda
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally figured out what was rattling next to me....I was able to isolate everything and found that at certain speeds on certain pavement, the passenger seat was shakin' back and forth! I wish i could take a video of this because its ridiculous how much its actually moving. This is of course with nobody sitting in it, and it moves side to side, not forward/backward. It starts shaking when the pavement has a slight ripple to it about 55-65 mph....

Everything seems bolted tight, but i can take my right arm and press it slightly and it will stop the rattling, but as soon as i move my hand the shaking starts again. there must be just enough play in the tolerances thats causing this, unless something is actually loose in the seatback mount or floor mount...

This is a 2013 touring with 23k miles....

anyone else experiencing this?

·
Blinded by the light
1,551 Posts
I have a similar issue in my V6 coupe. The back of the seat (vertical) shakes back and forth a little bit and can create a rattle. I usually notice it when I'm on a bumpy road.

The other day I noticed my drivers seat was rubbing against the center console leather on leather (squeak noise). Part of the plastic in the side of the seat that holds you in had become dislodged toward the console and pushed out the leather! I had to pull it hard then it 'clicked' into place!!!! Not to happy about that.

·
Sexyland's Finest
112 Posts
My driver's side seat frame was doing this. Moving around, acting wobbly, etc etc.

One day I had to lean it back completely, and it didn't come back up. Turns out the entire seat frame was broken.

It's possible that this is related to the cheap frames as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2010 Rav4 was doing this.Dealer replaced under warranty the rear shocks,front to rear drive shaft before finding that the left front inner CV joint had no grease in it from the factory or it leaked out somehow.After that axle was replaced the vibration disappeared.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had same issue. My driver's seat sometimes had vibration as I was waiting for the traffic light. But when I changed from D-shift to N-shift, the problem was gone. It was happen with my passenger's seat. I couldn't go to the dealer due to it didn't appear at that time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts