Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· All my wats
90 Posts
I have this same issue, right around 25mph. I'm at about one finger gap in front (saw your pics in another thread, we have the same car minus HPF kit).

Ehh, it's probably like the steering shimmy at highway speed...just live with it. Looking at all the weight inside one front wheel, I think I found part of the issue.

· All my wats
90 Posts
Yep, nope...not spending $350 to get rid of the vibration. I could start throwing parts and money at it to get rid of the steering wheel vibration at highway speeds, but it's just too much and my car is only at 32k.

Good that there's a solution at least. I should be in a different car by the time they need replacement :)

Edit: Just looked, and they're $341 each at the cheapest lol! I should have just purchased a 335i at this rate.

· All my wats
90 Posts
I would be shocked if they covered something like that under warranty. It's not like they could say "your exhaust caused the A/C compressor to blow its seals" which is against the law. This is a case of the aftermarket part causing what could be a warranty issue ;)

The first clue would be that they wouldn't be able to get the lift arms under the car without driving it up onto 2x4s. The next would be the bright yellow struts with red springs. The third would be looking at the angle the rear wheels are sitting at, pre camber kit and alignment :D

· All my wats
90 Posts
@ryry+ did your steering vibration start when you lowered or is it unrelated?
I have one at highway speeds, which I think is an out-of-round wheel. I hope. It's been that way since I bought the car in November 2013.

The vibration at 25mph was a result of lowering the car 2 weeks ago. It's on Koni Yellows and Sportline springs on the lower spring perches, around a 2" drop (one finger gap all around with 225/45/18 tires).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.