Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my 2014 Accord Sport and it vibrates; much like this video over here:
Is this regular for CVTs? Some forums say that CVTs do vibrate.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I just got my 2014 Accord Sport and it vibrates; much like this video over here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_iwAP0EM5I
Is this regular for CVTs? Some forums say that CVTs do vibrate.
No, it is not normal for the CVT. Mine is as smooth as silk. Take your car into the dealer and demonstrate this or take your own video when this happens and it to show them. BTW did you notice that this occurred in the video when the temperature gauge was reading near the middle and not cold.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is not normal for the CVT. Mine is as smooth as silk. Take your car into the dealer and demonstrate this or take your own video when this happens and it to show them. BTW did you notice that this occurred in the video when the temperature gauge was reading near the middle and not cold.
Oh dang. Mine only has 35 miles on it too. It happens when the gear is in D and stopped. No vibration or anything like that when driving. I have to test this out more to see if it is caused by cold weather. Everything is ok except for the vibration.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Lol thats my video. See my thread about cvt vibrations with updates...nothing to do with the cvt and everything to do with engine idle speed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol thats my video. See my thread about cvt vibrations with updates...nothing to do with the cvt and everything to do with engine idle speed.
Thank you for replying here!!! I saw just your posts and I called Honda customer service. The representative just told me to go to dealer, also it seems that broker's 2013 Accord Sport also have vibration. He says that it's not a big deal for him. Did you manage to fix it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts