Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car only have 1,800 miles and I'm feeling some vibrations at idle and to be honest it's kind of annoying on a brand new car. The vibrations are even more pronounced when the engine is still cold. This is an issue with the CVT transmission? Cause when i put the car on neutral all the annoying vibration goes away... :dunno:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
It's normal. I have it as well.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Normal? ... sorry dude! But in my books that shit is NOT normal!
How much of a vibration? When you put the car into gear more parts are now rotating which can induce some vibration. My Accord's idle vibration in gear is about the same as I felt when riding on a new A319 Airbus Airliner at cruise in smooth air. That's a turbine powered vehicle and that's very smooth. If you think that your car vibrates to much, take it to the dealer and have them look at the car.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Others will tell you to beat a dead horse. :)
I'm asking trying to see if anyone with the same symptoms got it fixed by the dealership already.

I'm getting some kind of buyer remorse... FML!
Damn ugly wheels on the V6 models! :headbash:

·
Don't hate on my color!!
1,842 Posts
The car sounds awful at idle in gear when it's cold, but what car doesn't? Our 2011 Fusion with 36k miles sounds like a truck when it's idling and cold even before shifting into gear.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car sounds awful at idle in gear when it's cold, but what car doesn't? Our 2011 Fusion with 36k miles sounds like a truck when it's idling and cold even before shifting into gear.
I don't care about the sounds cause to be honest i don't pay attention to it ... but those vibrations at idle even when the engine reach the normal temperature annoys the hell out of me...

Sometimes i miss my GTI sooooo much!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
I noticed a major difference in the idle sound and feel of the 4cyl and V6. The 4cyl was pretty rough and loud. The V6 is very smooth. I bought the V6. Yes I pay for it every day through lower gas mileage but it is what it is.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I noticed a major difference in the idle sound and feel of the 4cyl and V6. The 4cyl was pretty rough and loud. The V6 is very smooth. I bought the V6. Yes I pay for it every day through lower gas mileage but it is what it is.
I know, trust me! I had a 2006 Accord EX-L V6 and that car was smooth as butter.

I went with the Sport CVT trying to save a few bucks and cause i really liked the look.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I have the vibrations at idle aswell even when warm.

i have noticed that at a light it idles at 600rpm. If i touch the throttle and bring the revs up to 750/800 the vibrations go away. Ill have to take it to the dealer again to let them check it out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

i have noticed that at a light it idles at 600rpm. If i touch the throttle and bring the revs up to 750/800 the vibrations go away. Ill have to take it to the dealer again to let them check it out.
Let us know! :paranoid:

·
Registered
103 Posts
My idle is rough when in gear and foot on break. I read this is normal on here. Some say press the rear defrost which somehow clears up the vibrations. I wish the dealership would reprogram the computer to increase idle rpm's to be 100 higher to smooth it out.

I agree it's very annoying but I guess sadly I have grown to accept it

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
My idle is rough when in gear and foot on break.
Exactly what I have... Best thing to do is call Honda of America and open a case/complain. I think if enough people complain, the higher the priority it will be to fix this.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
You should take it to the dealer and give them a chance to look at it, calling Honda to open a case seems like the next step after they have made an attempt to repair and or tell you it is "Normal".

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Exactly what I have... Best thing to do is call Honda of America and open a case/complain. I think if enough people complain, the higher the priority it will be to fix this.
It it obviously the way it is designed. I'm sure they want the idle as low as possible to squeeze out another tenth of an mpg....

·
Austin, TX
85 Posts
My CVT i4 vibrates a lot at idle, too. The more miles I have on it, the more it vibrates. It also vibrates on acceleration right at 1200 rpm. Below and above 1200 rpm, there is no significant vibration.

·
Banned
784 Posts

This is how the fuel is saved when you at a stop. Higher RPM will reduce vibration but your MPG will go down so I would rather have a slight vibration to save gas and reduce pollution. This is normal. My 14 Camry (Consistently under 30 MPG) has slightly higher idle RPM but city MPG is not as good as 13 Accord (Consistently over 30 MPG).

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree but fuel savings would be minimal tho. I am going to see of Honda will reprogram my car to idle a bit higher. Having people Sk why my car shakes so bad when it is brand new I'd kind of embarrassing.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts