Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought everyone might enjoy this video. Apologies if it has already been posted here somewhere.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Thanks for posting this video.
Seeing all of those robots makes me think of the story of Henry Ford II and Walter Reuther. Reuther was the President of the UAW. They were touring one of Fords first plants to have robots. Henry said, "One day we will be able to build a car completely with robots and you won't have anyone to unionize". Walter replied, "That's great Henry, but how may Fords will each of those robots buy in their lifetime?" :notworthy

Also great to see lot's of American workers in that plant.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I think it's funny when you meet a die-hard "American car" person who calls Honda a "jap" car. I think it surprises a lot of people that the whole car, engine included, is built and assembled in the USA.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I think it's funny when you meet a die-hard "American car" person who calls Honda a "jap" car. I think it surprises a lot of people that the whole car, engine included, is built and assembled in the USA.
Along with all those other parts that Honda buys from various suppliers. Many of them are building their parts here in the USA.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Content

I've been told by a friend that works in the industry that the Accord has a higher domestic content than any other car. Ironic, isn't it? :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
So if they adjust their headlights, after they are made already...can people that installed HIDs adjust them also? I wanna point mine lower

·
Luv2Drum
119 Posts
Cool info.....one can see how a lemon could happen.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So if they adjust their headlights, after they are made already...can people that installed HIDs adjust them also? I wanna point mine lower
Yes, I believe the 9th gen lighting thread has some info on where the screw is to adjust them.

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Interesting, I hope they used properly engineered materials for the dashboards. Last thing I want is to have the dashboard crack under the heat of the sun.

·
top gear
339 Posts
Thanks for sharing again. I'm relatively new to the site, and enjoyed viewing this.

My 98 Accord was a first year model, and built in the same plant and served me well for 16 years with no issue.

My hope is that my 14 Sport serves me just as well.

·
No PRND
583 Posts
I call BS on the quality control. My hood rubbed on my fender and a headlight did also. And one of my rear doors is crooked. I guess that's what we get since the car is made in the US. I suspect the plants in Mexico might be worse.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
My neighbor's Dodge Charger with Hemi engine....the Hemi is made in Mexico, the body in Canada, lol.

Honda spent millions two years ago on a campaign to educate the public about how many American jobs they created. They also spent millions on political lobbying for members of Congress to get it through their thick skulls that Honda is an American company.

Would be interesting to see politicians running for federal office stop buying the Ford hybrids (look how American and "green" I am!) and buy an Accord.

I call BS on the quality control. My hood rubbed on my fender and a headlight did also. And one of my rear doors is crooked. I guess that's what we get since the car is made in the US. I suspect the plants in Mexico might be worse.
Dude, stop bashing American-made. This isn't a GM car from the 1970s (or 1980's, or 1990's, or 2000's, or 2010's).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Loving the need for her "safety specs" whilst standing perfectly still inside the studio for the entire video. Too funny.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Bump...great video for the noobs and I enjoyed it and the best honda commercial ever AGAIN.

·
Registered
884 Posts
All that precision and organization, AND WE CAN'T HAVE A SPORT 6M OR COUPE V6 6M IN WHITE?!?!

·
Registered
43 Posts
The operation at the Marysville plant is massive. Had a chance to tour the place not too long ago...very impressive. Had me wanted to buy an Accord afterward :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts