Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just picked up my '13 Sport and I'm impressed. Much better than the last generation.

Does anyone have a picture of red vinyl over the sedan tail lights? I'm interested in trying it out. Of course I would have to make a cut out for the reverse, but does anyone know what it would be like with the amber turn signal having red vinyl over it? I like the looks of mostly red tail lights, the late 7th gen accord sedan/coupe had them.

I'm also interested in wrapping my grille. I don't like how plasti dip looks, so I'm looking to make it as close to the paint color as possible (Black). Since I have a lease I can't paint it, but I have found a sort of black see through vinyl made to go over chrome that will make it close to metallic black.

I'd really appreciate if anyone had the time to do a quick photo shop of the two, really think this might look good on the car. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm going to plasti dip my grill, rear chrome pieces, and rims with the black and and a few coats of glossifier. I prob won't post pics on the forum because of all the haters on here but if you'd like I could email you some pics when it's done. I had to order the glossifier from the dipyourcar website so I have to wait until the end of the week until it arrives - UPS ground from Florida to Vegas takes forever.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have the chrome strips vinyl wrapped.

·
Retired G-Man
776 Posts
If you're blacking out the 2 grill bars, it may look better with the lower chrome strip at the fog lights blacked out too.

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
Doesn't look bad. Reminds me slightly of the new civic sedans though lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doesn't look bad. Reminds me slightly of the new civic sedans though lol
You're right, its not bad but I'm not sure it looks good enough to go forward with it.. Maybe if I were to also put red over the reverse lights and leave a small cutout it would look better. (Sort of like the new 5 series tail lights)

I also found this picture of a coupe with the grille painted to match the body color. I think this looks great, but I wonder how it would look on the sedan. I definitely want to cover the bars but this may have potential.

Attachments

·
9th Gen Coupe
825 Posts
The new Civic taillights are HAWT. I like the dark red surrounds.

Oh I never intended to make it sound like a bad thing lol, simply that it reminds me of a civic.

The rear on the 2013 civic sedan is much better than the 2012 lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts