Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA,

This final mod takes care of every piece of chrome that was on the car. I was going to gloss black vinyl the roof, but went with carbon fiber instead and it came out pretty nice! The roof looks a lot better in person especially in the sun light.

Let me know what you guys think?

·
Elvira
3,681 Posts
I think the carbon fiber black looks better than would a gloss black.

Very subdued and clean look in my opinion.

Boy! you REALLY don't like chrome, do you?:grin

·
Registered
841 Posts
Looks great bro!!! I have my roof done and i get TONS of compliments on it. Its probably my favorite mod and its one of the few that doesnt do anything. LOL

Where did you get the roof spoiler? i really like them and im looking into getting one.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
All I can say is you guys really come up with some ingenious mods for your cars. I'm not mechanically or artistically inclined so my vehicles remain mostly stock. Thanks for sharing your pics.

·
Registered
841 Posts
All I can say is you guys really come up with some ingenious mods for your cars. I'm not mechanically or artistically inclined so my vehicles remain mostly stock. Thanks for sharing your pics.
It beats watching TV. LOL

Reactions: willdrumforfood

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the compliments guys!

@Miker, On darker color cars, I prefer a blacked out look. I think chrome looks best on light colored cars like white. The roof is a very subtle touch but it looks great on PMM.

@crmplex, The roof spoiler is from eBay. The seller's name is shadow.speed
My specific model is called a VRS or V Type spoiler. Cost me less than $75 shipped. Great low budget mod

Reactions: Miker

·
Registered
220 Posts
What'd you use to cover the chrome? I was thinking of dipping mine.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@whiteeboi, it's gloss black vinyl wrap

I didn't do plastidip because I don't want to deal with any possible peeling over time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
@whiteeboi, it's gloss black vinyl wrap

I didn't do plastidip because I don't want to deal with any possible peeling over time.
Yeah I like the gloss a lot more than what matte would look like. How did you cover the trim? Did you put on big pieces and cut off the excess?

·
Registered
841 Posts
@crmplex, The roof spoiler is from eBay. The seller's name is shadow.speed
My specific model is called a VRS or V Type spoiler. Cost me less than $75 shipped. Great low budget mod[/QUOTE]

Thanks bro! I might have to be a follower with this one! Again, i like the look your going for. it seems we have similar taste

Reactions: tekn1qu3z

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The window trim was also professionally done. It was actually quite a bit of labor and took over an hour for 2 people doing it at the same time.

The wrap is sticky and stretchy. Basically they just peel it off, stick it on, get rid of bubbles, and then cut the excess. They try to tuck it under whatever they can when possible or cut it to a tee. It's not 100% perfect all the way around but unless you're really inspecting it, the naked eye cannot can tell. The roof was amazingly done though and looks perfect.

·
Registered
12 Posts
man the roof looks perfect. Did you get it professionally done? and where did you purchase the fiber? Very inspired.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Professionally done but after watching them do it, I wish I did it myself with an extra set of hands. The material is 3M DI-NOC Carbon Fiber.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts