Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello DA,

I have a dark grey/black theme going on with my car. I'm looking for the best way to black out my door handles, and possibly my side mirrors.. Looking for the most durable long term solution. I heard that painting it isn't so good especially on driver side because you'll be constantly touching the surface. I'm leaning towards vinyl wrapping it in glossy black. Anybody do something similar like this before? How well does vinyl hold up over time?

·
Just here for the food
1,873 Posts
I would try the plasti dip and coat it with gloss. Even tho matte might look good as well. Plastidip has done me good on my own car
Yeaaaaa I plan on doing plastidip first and then maybe I'll wrap. Probably not though, especially if the plastidip holds up as well as people make it seem lol

·
All my wats
90 Posts
Even with Glossifier, they will have a sticky, matte feeling to them.

My front grille and emblems have 5 coats of PD and 5 of Glossifier and they are still not smooth like paint.

·
PIMP MY RIDE PLZ
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even with Glossifier, they will have a sticky, matte feeling to them.

My front grille and emblems have 5 coats of PD and 5 of Glossifier and they are still not smooth like paint.
My thoughts exactly. I've done the same with my rims and it's still a matte like finish. The glossifer isn't going to make it crazy shiny or anything like that. Also I'll be constantly touching the handles, which is why I would prefer not to PD.

·
All my wats
90 Posts
I think paint is going to be the most durable finish. Well, I know paint will be the most durable finish :)

The Plastidip on my rear V6 emblem is peeling after just 3 weeks. It has to be applied to pure perfection for the edges to not pick up. Definitely can't coat them while they're installed and have the dip last, especially when you have to touch it so often.

Plastidip is a temporary solution to me...more of a "let's see how it looks before I paint it permanently" thing.

·
@milmast
1,160 Posts
Wrap it. Don't dip it. I love dip and suggest it whenever possible because it has many advantages, but putting it on something you will be getting in contact with and pushing/tugging on it isn't a good idea. If you wrap it, it has nearly the same finish as paint but it easy to apply, won't peel back easily and looks just like paint.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts