Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my EX sedan, at middling volumes, even recorded speech (talk radio and podcasts) sporadically cause an annoying buzz somewhere near the door panel or maybe B pillar.
This is surprising considering how little bass there is. I might expect this if I was playing very loud music with the bass maxed out, but mid volume voices causing buzzing seems odd.
I have even noticed the buzzing when the built-in Bluetooth voice command prompts plays at higher volumes.

Has anyone noticed this and is there a fix other than reducing the volume even further?

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
The fix is take it to the dealer and have them fix the rattle. If you want to make sure they hear it then download 1/3 octave sine waves and figure out the rough frequency area the resonance is coming from. One frequency or likely a small area of frequencies are causing the rattling so this is a way to reproduce them whoever you need.

Or you can do it yourself. Likely better, but if you haven't already then I doubt you'll want to. I've got a rattle that comes from the passenger kick panel sndt/or door panel AND one up on the dash above the gauges somewhere. I don't want to do it since I'm under warranty lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The fix is take it to the dealer and have them fix the rattle. If you want to make sure they hear it then download 1/3 octave sine waves and figure out the rough frequency area the resonance is coming from. One frequency or likely a small area of frequencies are causing the rattling so this is a way to reproduce them whoever you need.

Or you can do it yourself. Likely better, but if you haven't already then I doubt you'll want to. I've got a rattle that comes from the passenger kick panel sndt/or door panel AND one up on the dash above the gauges somewhere. I don't want to do it since I'm under warranty lol.
Does it only happen periodically? I think I have the same thing but it seems to only have for short (10-15) minutes at a time

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it only happen periodically? I think I have the same thing but it seems to only have for short (10-15) minutes at a time

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, it only happens periodically, but it's starting to be more frequent and doesn't go away on its own other than reducing the volume or someone with a different voice is talking in the recording. Since the voice command voice prompt only plays as needed, the buzz from that is also periodic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.