Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wrote about getting some new Vossen CV1's for 2300 out the door... but that deal fell through at Xmas time and had to wait. But the guy had a pair of used ones that he gave to be with new tires for 1825. Was wondering what ya'll think about them and the deal...?

Attachments

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Doesn't matter if it's a good deal or not, you already paid for them. So if it were a bad deal, you'd be stuck with them anyways heh. Used is fine if there aren't any blemishes and if the tires are brand new. All in all good deal. I wouldn't have sold mine that cheap if that gives you an idea.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Good Deal.... Car looks awesome Bro!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doesn't matter if it's a good deal or not, you already paid for them. So if it were a bad deal, you'd be stuck with them anyways heh. Used is fine if there aren't any blemishes and if the tires are brand new. All in all good deal. I wouldn't have sold mine that cheap if that gives you an idea.
Agreed. The thing is... I have a week to decide if I want to keep these rims. In one week I can pay the difference (total of 2300) and get the new rims which are black accented. OR ... I can keep these. That was the deal we made.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Come on Be nice for onces....:lmao:

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
What size tires ?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
That's great deal. If I can find a deal like that with fairly new tires, I'd be all over it.

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Agreed. The thing is... I have a week to decide if I want to keep these rims. In one week I can pay the difference (total of 2300) and get the new rims which are black accented. OR ... I can keep these. That was the deal we made.
If there is no curb rash etc, I'd keep the silver ones, I wouldn't pay another 500 for black machined.

·
need 6 speed!
3,489 Posts
machined black ftw! plus they're new....

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
I think OP is saying the price for black rims are rims only. If you only have to pay $500 more for brand new rims/tires, then to me it's a better deal. But if you have to pay $500 more for new rims and another $800-1000 for new tires, then no.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What size tires ?
Front's are 245/35... Rears are 275/30....

NOW... I am having a problem with the tires rubbing against the fenders when I
a. Hit a bump
b. Make a sharp turn

And all of this is usually on the front. So... I have Megan Racing Coilovers... Is that a problem with just height? And I should just make it higher? And if so... I don't really remember how to.. and lost the instructions to them lol... Anyone know how to adjust the height?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Ok so your rubbing! Here's what you can do one stiffing up your coilovers two raise the car a bit three get 225/35/20 up front and rear is a must to roll the inner lips. I'm currently running a 225/35/20 front and 285/25/20 front not sure how low it is but its low and rear s are maxed out and no rubbing issues at all. But also running some camber on the rear but for sure ill be needing to roll the rears when I get it align.

·
mobiless2
2,200 Posts
Wheels look Good!.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts