Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- My dashboard is lit up with warning lights, and the dashboard readout error is for Front Collision (FCW) and Lane Departure (LDW) warning system. Dealership says the VSA modulator needs to be replaced. If I don't replace the modulator, is there a way to disable the FCW/LDW sensors without disabling other other important systems/sensors (ABS, tire pressure, etc.)?
Thanks

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
I'd see what the codes you have are for. Is the check engine light illuminated? If so, the codes can be read with an OBD-2 scanner if you have one or any auto parts store will do the same thing for free. Come back with what those codes are.

How old is your battery? Issues like this can be caused by an old, dying battery.

Reactions: Hudouc

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The battery was replaced about 6-months ago and the problem started a couple months or so afterwards.

Does the check engine light look like an engine? If yes, I do not believe so. I want to fix the car but if the only problem is the FCW/LDW, I can purchase an after market device thats on top of my dash.

The fault codes include:
  • 66-13, 66-11 ABS Pressure sensor malfunction
  • U0416-68 VSA Brake Actuator Malfunction, U0044-F0 Brake Fluid Pressure Sensor malfunction
  • B2A60-54 Camera unit aiming incomplete

Thanks again

Turbo lag

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I get inconsistent warning lights too. I am assuming the DIY VSA part is different than what the dealer would install? The dealer was ready to do the work but I declined until I could do my own research.

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)

Turbo lag
Yes, I get inconsistent warning lights too. I am assuming the DIY VSA part is different than what the dealer would install? The dealer was ready to do the work but I declined until I could do my own research.
The dealer would install a new VSA module, if you DIY, you can get an used module with a warranty for 1/10 of the price.
Take some time and read that thread, lots of useful info in there that @MartyV6 figured out.

2014 V6 EXL Sedan
The dealer would install a new VSA module, if you DIY, you can get an used module with a warranty for 1/10 of the price.
Take some time and read that thread, lots of useful info in there that @MartyV6 figured out.
Yep

I would have literally paid the $1600 or whatever they were quoting for the job because VSA seemed too hard at first blush, but I didn't have the choice as the parts were unavailable. I did more research and watched Youtube videos of a guy doing it on an Accord Crosstour and realized it wasn't going to be that hard. I needed to buy a set of flare nut wrenches, that's all. I have done DIY brake flushes before and have a homemade pressure bleeder I built from a garden sprayer rather than buying a Motive haha.

Registered
Hello- My dashboard is lit up with warning lights, and the dashboard readout error is for Front Collision (FCW) and Lane Departure (LDW) warning system. Dealership says the VSA modulator needs to be replaced. If I don't replace the modulator, is there a way to disable the FCW/LDW sensors without disabling other other important systems/sensors (ABS, tire pressure, etc.)?
Thanks
I am having the same exact issue with my 2013 Honda Accord EX-L. Was thinking of ordering a used part online but I read somewhere that after install it would need to be reprogrammed

Turbo lag
I am having the same exact issue with my 2013 Honda Accord EX-L. Was thinking of ordering a used part online but I read somewhere that after install it would need to be reprogrammed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts