Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have there Vtc-actuator replaced more than one time? I had mine replaced two times the last time was back in February of this year, today i go out to turn on my car with the temperature being 29 degrees out and i hear the actuator acting up making the common grinding sound for five seconds which really shocked me because this was the loudest i ever heard it, it makes more worried if anything got damaged internally after the repair back in February i haven't heard it go off until today, didn't Honda fix the problem with these parts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I havent replace it once. Mind only does it for one second when its cold; which is almost never in FL.

I did wanted to ask if anyone had luck with LUCAS oil stabilizer. Willing to spend a little more for peace of mind next oil change but would like some feedback from your experience.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
lucas synthetic oil stabilizer and mobil 1 5w-30 high mileage have been helping my motor out. 4 quarts oil 1 bottle stabilizer. i dont recall hearing any grinding noise anymore since i started using this for my oil changes. i had the actuator replaced twice also in the past years. last time was like 3 yrs ago

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lucas synthetic oil stabilizer and mobil 1 5w-30 high mileage have been helping my motor out. 4 quarts oil 1 bottle stabilizer. i dont recall hearing any grinding noise anymore since i started using this for my oil changes. i had the actuator replaced twice also in the past years. last time was like 3 yrs ago
I've been using M1 High Mileage since you recommended it to me in the past but is it safe to put in the Lucas stabilizer? Manual says no oil additives and etc I replaced the PCV valve which helped slow the oil consumption but she still burns oil, I'm gonna get my actuator replaced again hopefully they don't give me the run around about not hearing it since i still have the warranty on it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent replace it once. Mind only does it for one second when its cold; which is almost never in FL.

I did wanted to ask if anyone had luck with LUCAS oil stabilizer. Willing to spend a little more for peace of mind next oil change but would like some feedback from your experience.
How bad is your oil consumption and how many miles are on your 8thgen?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
ive been using the stabilizer for over a yr now and the consumption issue actually slowed down as far as i can tell. engine feels smooth. then again. i do have a tune now so its been running alot better since its been tuned for super

·
Registered
2 Posts
Accord VTC... Caroline from corporate Honda says there are no known issues with VTC problems on 08 and 09 Honda Accords. Feel free to call her 1 800-999-1009. Ext 117739...she'll be happy to tell you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts