Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting a P1009 and went to change the VTC oil control solenoid valve after cleaning the screens on the VTC strainer and solenoid. the top half of the VTC oil control valve snapped off in my hand leaving the other half stuck in the head. It won't turn, twist or budge. It's stuck in there! How can I go about getting it out? I'm thinking I have to remove the valve cover and got at it from that direction but haven't done that before and don't know if i'll have access to it through there or if I am wasting time going that direction.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Mine did the same thing, the electrical part broke off, mechanic got it out. Got one off an 04 accord in the junkyard.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
(Not a solution to your mechanical problem)

You can add your car info by clicking the UserCP tab on upper left corner of the screen, then add your car details to your user signature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the tip Aviography.

I was able to get it out tonight with a pair of 6" extended nose vice grips, 90 degree long pliers and some serious elbow grease. Didn't fix the problem though. Will create a new thread for it though.

Thanks everyone for your help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was getting a P1009 and went to change the VTC oil control solenoid valve after cleaning the screens on the VTC strainer and solenoid. the top half of the VTC oil control valve snapped off in my hand leaving the other half stuck in the head. It won't turn, twist or budge. It's stuck in there! How can I go about getting it out? I'm thinking I have to remove the valve cover and got at it from that direction but haven't done that before and don't know if i'll have access to it through there or if I am wasting time going that direction.

Suggestions?
Thank you for the tip Aviography.

I was able to get it out tonight with a pair of 6" extended nose vice grips, 90 degree long pliers and some serious elbow grease. Didn't fix the problem though. Will create a new thread for it though.

Thanks everyone for your help.
Hi.
I know this is a very old thread but this exact thing Kurt) just happened to me. Can you please tell me exactly what you did to get it with the pliers and the grips.
I would really appreciate a detailed reply. I am stuck.
Thanks very much in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts