Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Quick question. I purchased just the vtec solenoid itself (what is pictured, ebay part on left) to fix a very intermittent P1259 vtec malfunction error. Anyway the part of ebay was 30 bucks and is suppose to work with any 5th gen and 6th gen accord from 1994-02 4cyl. Just to note a couple months ago I did change my seals (both of them on the vtec solenoid) to hopefully resolve the issue since my 2001 Accord 4cyl 2dr EX w/ 220,000 miles on it but about 2 weeks after the seal change the code came back. Long story short...I know the valves look similar but they are not exactly the same (my OEM one on right side has like a C shaped spacer in the chamber where the piston sits). When I installed the ebay vtec valve the car through a CEL immediately and went into a limp mode with no power and would almost rev limit at 4500k rpm. I put my old OEM solenoid back in and it works fine except for the random p1259 codes but I don't notice any power loss. The ebay seller thinks I am crazy but that is what happened. I tested both solenoids with a 12v power supply and both function normally at ambient temp and Resistance measurements are well within honda specs at around 16-20 ohms. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts