Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 cents worth, bought these and put them on the front of my 07 2.4 Accord coupe after having noise issues with organic pads. (Raybestos stock junk). Much, much better! No noise and no "grabbing", sticky feel, very smooth. Also, replace the slide brackets, (come with the ceramic kit). @ 61 dollars, excellent investment.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
2 cents worth, bought these and put them on the front of my 07 2.4 Accord coupe after having noise issues with organic pads. (Raybestos stock junk). Much, much better! No noise and no "grabbing", sticky feel, very smooth. Also, replace the slide brackets, (come with the ceramic kit). @ 61 dollars, excellent investment.
You'll also like the fact that your wheels will stay clean longer and they last MUCH longer than regular pads. Mine came with limited lifetime warranty. They've been on the car since 2010... roughly 60K now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cleaner rims!

Thanks Drew, that's an added benefit, I have those open spoke type rims, were getting dirty driving for 5 minutes down the road! Just so happy they're quiet, that loud high-pitched squeal is the the worst.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm got them on all three Hondas in the family. Two Accords and a CRV. Long lasting and little dust. Perhaps a bit more disc wear, but nothing problematic.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Do these ceramic pads put any wear on the rotors? I had heard that they will wear down the rotors faster then usual? Maybe I had heard incorrectly.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Do these ceramic pads put any wear on the rotors? I had heard that they will wear down the rotors faster then usual? Maybe I had heard incorrectly.
I just purchased new rotors (Wagner) after the ones I purchased with the car, finally warped slightly after 160K. I paid $100 for the set and they come with limited lifetime warranty just like the brake pads. So either way... pads, rotors, I'm covered for my next set. Don't know when I'll put them on as the pads are still good.

Lifetime warranty is the way to go. My GF bought a set of duralast pads from Autozone many moons ago... they last about a year but I've changed her brakes around five times already with no further expense, except my time.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Not sure if anyone read my other post on here. I bought Hawk Ceramic pads for my 07 TSX (not HPS) and Brembo blanks and I don't know if it's just me but the bite that the OEMs had wasn't the same with the Hawks. I really didn't go far ~ 10 miles. I never need to do anything out of the norm for the OEMs. I wonder if it was because of the new rotor or not. I was worried so much with the idiot drivers on my commute to work that I wouldn't stop so I put the stock rotor and pads back on. Can anyone comment if these are the same or better over the Hawks?

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
New pads and new rotors need to bed in somewhat before achieving ideal braking efficiency.
True. Wipe rotors down with brake cleaner when installing. Once installed, go drive and slam hard on the brakes three or four times to bed.

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
To burnish, brake 10 times from 60 mph down to 10 mph. Never stop fully during the burnishing. You will see your brakes smoking at the end of this. That is OK. Leave it to cool down naturally, drive tomorrow morning and you'll feel the difference.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Will never buy again. They wore down after 20000 miles on my parent's 7th gen Accord. I'll go with Hawk the next time around.
My experience is totally opposite, only 1/3 worn after 3 or 4 years of use, far more than 20K miles.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You'll also like the fact that your wheels will stay clean longer and they last MUCH longer than regular pads. Mine came with limited lifetime warranty. They've been on the car since 2010... roughly 60K now.
I had them installed on my Accord V6 about 5K ago. I concur that they are quiet and very little dust compared to the OEM pads. They also stopped the car very well under most circumstance, better than the OEM pads. The original OEM pads only last 50K front and 25K rear for my commute. These pads cost slightly less than OEM so if they last about 50-55K each set, I am happy. The mileage on the brake pads will be different for everyone depending on your commute traffic. I like the Thermoquiet for its integrated shim, so no loose hardware or rust to make noise later.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts