Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First time car buyer and was hoping to get some tips on purchasing a vehicle.
I was interested in purchasing an EX-L.

I know that the 2015 prices would be a lot lower than the 2016s when they come out, but I was interested in paying the premium to get the 2016 if the updates were worth it (CarPlay?/fixed wind-noise?/fixed sound system?)

I'll be moving to a new region (Northern California) in August so I doubt the 2016 would even be out by then. Is it worth renting a vehicle for ~550/month until the new 2016 comes out?

Also tips on how to best negotiate (offering high down-payment/etc.) would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'd have to imagine that they would be out end of august early september. However I expect them to not offer a deal on them at all the first 3 months or so. Really though, its all guess at this point.

I'd suggest just buying some used 2004 accord, or prius or something for a few months then sell it when you can get the car you really want. Unless you only drive new cars. At that point rent I suppose. I suspect you could grab a prius, drive it for a few months. Then sell it for the same price.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'd have to imagine that they would be out end of august early september. However I expect them to not offer a deal on them at all the first 3 months or so. Really though, its all guess at this point.
I'd have to agree with this. Bought my '14 on August 16, 2014, which was a Saturday. By about the next Wednesday, the '15s were starting to pop up on the lots.

Not that I'm complaining; that timing helped me get 18% off. I bet we'll see some folks do better than 20% this time around since the refresh is coming.

·
Registered
583 Posts

I suspect you could grab a prius, drive it for a few months. Then sell it for the same price.
Easy on the poor soul, they might get turned off to driving in a Prius.

Just kidding, sort of, but I've been whiffin' the 'meh' drive in a Prius for almost 4 years. Pass on a Sham-ry with its mini-micro driver's seat (for me at least). Hey, some manufacturers cut costs.

My suggestion, stick with Honda.

·
HK Moderator
13,873 Posts
Check with others about buying a non-"California car" and moving in to California. Other states have emissions as stringent as CA, but that still leaves 42 that do not.

Anyone shed light on this?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You won't have much negotiating power if you waltz into the dealer the minute the new cars start showing up. If you want one, expect to play very close to MSRP for the first few months. Some dealers might be willing to work a decent deal but not most won't, at least initially.

·
2014 Accord EX white
208 Posts
1. request things that are hard for them to do

2. dont be a douche but just be an informed buyer

3. i bought my '14 on labor day and got a great deal (that is the best times in my opinion to buy a car) even memorial day sales are good... if they have the model yr end sale even better

4. You will probably save your self around 4-5 grand IMO if you got with the '15

I was watching the nba finals last night and boy the nissan maxima is starting to grow on me ....

·
Reverse Gear
999 Posts
Hello,

First time car buyer and was hoping to get some tips on purchasing a vehicle.
I was interested in purchasing an EX-L.

I know that the 2015 prices would be a lot lower than the 2016s when they come out, but I was interested in paying the premium to get the 2016 if the updates were worth it (CarPlay?/fixed wind-noise?/fixed sound system?)

I'll be moving to a new region (Northern California) in August so I doubt the 2016 would even be out by then. Is it worth renting a vehicle for ~550/month until the new 2016 comes out?

Also tips on how to best negotiate (offering high down-payment/etc.) would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
My friend just moved to California. He said there are tremendous (tax?) incentives to buy electric cars there. I wonder if any of the Accord Hybrid's (especially the plug-in) would qualify?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wind noise issue

Just bought the 2016 Honda Accord exl v6 last week. Very dissappointed with the wind noise issue on the driver side. I have been in n out of the dealer service center for a week now with no real solution. They have change the run channel, sash, and then finally the weather strip. All with no success, though I have to say the weather strip helps. The moment you hit 50 miles on a wide road, i.e. Highway, here comes the whistling noise sounds like coming from the upper corner. You will not hear it if you drive below 40ish miles or on the narrow road. I would recommend you test drive the car with at min of 50miles speed, make sure no wind noise problem, because it is really annoying. My next plan is to test drive another one and see if problem occurs not just on mine :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bought the 2016 Honda Accord exl v6 last week. Very dissappointed with the wind noise issue on the driver side. I have been in n out of the dealer service center for a week now with no real solution. They have change the run channel, sash, and then finally the weather strip. All with no success, though I have to say the weather strip helps. The moment you hit 50 miles on a wide road, i.e. Highway, here comes the whistling noise sounds like coming from the upper corner. You will not hear it if you drive below 40ish miles or on the narrow road. I would recommend you test drive the car with at min of 50miles speed, make sure no wind noise problem, because it is really annoying. My next plan is to test drive another one and see if problem occurs not just on mine :(
Can you elaborate on this a little more? I test drove the EX-L V6 but only on local roads. Where should I be looking to hear where the sound is coming from?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drver side, on the top left corner, if you are facing the window. Make sure you test drive on the highway if possible, and you will hear it IF this in fact a defect. I plan to test drive another vehicle soon and compare. Let me know how it goes on your side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts