Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago, I got into an accident were I was turning left at a yellow and a car from oncoming traffic ran a yellow (or red), im not sure. We hit driverside to driverside and as a result, my accord spun 180 degrees. Most surprising is, I walked away from it, with only airbag scratches to the hand and maybe a strain in the neck and a selt belt bruise. But thats it. Amazing car. I probably wont be getting another accord so its farewell to DA forum. Even though I dont post much, I go on and read the threads quite often.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
WOW!! I'm glad you are okay and posted that picture. The 8th gen accords seem to be very safe cars from the wreck pictures i've seen.

I hope the accident doesn't leave any lasting ailments.

What's next?

·
Registered
39 Posts
HOLY SH*T that looks bad. I'm glad to hear that you came out of this with minimal injuries man, thank god.

what are you planning to get to replace her?

·
Sugar coating for you ..
6,119 Posts
Good to hear you're okay. I went to a wreck a few weeks ago, a lifted Chevy Silverado with a ranch hand brush guard vs a Scion xB. The lady in the xB ran a stop sign and the truck plowed the drivers side door. If it wasn't for her side curtain airbags, I'm pretty sure she'd be dead because the front end of the truck was basically at window height of the xB.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Glad you are OK.

What will be the Accord's replacement?

·
Registered
290 Posts
WOW! stupid oncoming driver!!!!!!! glad ur safe!!!... poor DA!!! >.<
wats replacing da wrecked DA?

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
Good that you are OK. Most modern cars hang in there pretty well in a collision... or at least protect their occupants well.

Turning on a yellow. Sounds like both of you were trying to make the light. The guy going straight has the right of way in that situation.

Bummer.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Man, someone was watching out for you. Very glad the story ended the way it did.

I have to say though, if that was me and seeing how you came out of that with only scratches I think I would have peace of mind buying another accord. Either way, good luck and be safe

·
. . .
105 Posts
Glad to know you're safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts