Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I own a certified 2011 Honda Accord SE and love my car, what I dont like in my car is the car audio, so I want to change the speakers. If i change the speakers (may be add a sub to it, depends on the price and how it sounds) would I void my warranty by doing so?
I have also purchased Honda Care for my car, so I am concerned and I do not want to void the warranty. What would be your suggestion on this?

·
Read Only
28 Posts
It shouldnt void your warrenty by just swapping out speakers unless they can prove your aftermarket speakers is what caused the problem. Adding a sub gives them a upperhand when it comes to warrenty but i have changed all 4 speakers and added subs and they never said anything when it came down to warrenty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
For the record: Honda's auidio systems need some serious update! I have a 2013 Sport and my exes 2002 accord v6 had a superior audio system! My factory sound is a piece of shit! Sounds awful!

And changing your speakers without adding an amp will not change anything. Add an alpine power pack. Then add speakers.

·
Read Only
28 Posts
I mean it sounds a lot better just by swapping the speakers for like alpines. I used to have a 4ch amp and the difference in quality is like night and day

·
2010 Honda Accord EX
606 Posts
For the record: Honda's auidio systems need some serious update! I have a 2013 Sport and my exes 2002 accord v6 had a superior audio system! My factory sound is a piece of shit! Sounds awful!

And changing your speakers without adding an amp will not change anything. Add an alpine power pack. Then add speakers.
Yeh, I hear you and certainly agree (My Mazda Tribute sounded much better). I appreciate the comments and discussions about the speaker replacements since I am considering doing mine. At least the fronts and rears, minus the tweeters more than likely.

Scott C.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I was wondering if for starter I just use the alpine power pack, will it make a difference with the stock speakers?
Although I am definitely going to change the speakers but not right now, I checked out the alpine power pack and it has good reviews.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes, ive heard it works very good. Definitely worth the price. Ive seen it for $95 online.
It'll sound better even with factory speakers, but they wont last long. Have u seen the peanut magnets the speakers have?
U can get Polk component speakers for like $50 online for the front and coax for the rear for like $35.
Power pack u need to keep factory radio: KTP-445U
A little over $200 and u have a great system without all the bullshit cables to battery thru firewall
Our gen 9 accord uses 6'5 in all four corners

1 - 7 of 7 Posts