Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 2018 Accord 1.5T Touring into the dealership yesterday for its 30K service and to have them check out a some buzzing rattles in the driver's door, dash, and rear deck. I've had all the rattles since nearly the beginning of my ownership and have brought it into the dealership to diagnose before, but they always gave me the "could not reproduce" line of BS. This time I took the service associate for a ride to point out the rattles. She told me there were no rattles as the car was sitting there rattling as we drove...unbelievable. I finally convinced her they were there.

The dealership kept it overnight and just called me today with an update. They told me all three panels are warped and need to be completely replaced, so they ordered new ones. Makes me wonder if the other three door panels are also warped. I bought my car the day before the 10th gen officially went on sale, way back in Oct 2017, so mine was certainly one of the first ones produced.

Has anyone else heard of this being an issue for anyone else? Can't search the forum to find out.

UPDATE:

Just picked the car up and asked them how they think the panels got warped. They told me it's from the Las Vegas heat. I call BS. I've been living in Phoenix/Las Vegas since 2007 and have owned 10 different vehicles in this heat and this is the first one with warped panels causing buzzing/rattling. Guess I'll find out next week when the parts arrive whether warping has anything to do with the noises...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Romil,

Any update you can provide?
Thanks!
Yes. The rear deck and driver's door seem to be fixed. The dash still rattles occasionally. They also had to replace a tweeter in the rear deck because they said it was also rattling due to poor assembly. However, since bringing the car home a new problem immediately popped up. Now my Apple CarPlay is on the fritz and I've confirmed it isn't my phone or the cord. Now when I try to use Siri or make phone calls/texts with CarPlay, I often get a loud electronic stutter/screech noise, or Siri won't recognize what I say to her at all, or I get stutters and skips when she's speaking, and she has also hung up my phone in the middle of multiple phone calls. None of that was happening prior to the dealer replacing my panels, so I'm guessing there is a loose or pinched connection somewhere. Taking the car back again on Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
I took my 2018 Accord 1.5T Touring into the dealership yesterday for its 30K service ..... but they always gave me the "could not reproduce" line of BS.
People still fall for this "30K service" BS?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
People still fall for this "30K service" BS?
How is it BS? I get service done whenever the Maintenance Minder on the car says it's due. It always happens to reach the 5% or less mark around each 10,000 mile increment. I did my first service at 10K, when MM A was below 5%, then at 20K when MM B was below 5%, and now at 30K when MM A was below 5% again. Oil, filter, tire rotation, and fluid topoffs. Simple.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
How is it BS? I get service done whenever the Maintenance Minder on the car says it's due. It always happens to reach the 5% or less mark around each 10,000 mile increment. I did my first service at 10K, when MM A was below 5%, then at 20K when MM B was below 5%, and now at 30K when MM A was below 5% again. Oil, filter, tire rotation, and fluid topoffs. Simple.
Because the "30K Service" is BS. It is the definition of BS. This is a Honda dealer-created "service" to get money from people who don't read their owner's manual.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because the "30K Service" is BS. It is the definition of BS. This is a Honda dealer-created "service" to get money from people who don't read their owner's manual.
Except I'm not following a dealer recommended service. I am following a manufacturer recommended service straight out of the owner's manual which says service is due when the Maintenance Minder says it is due, which just happened to coincide with 10K, 20K, and 30K on my mileage. If I went with dealer recommended service, I would have to get the car serviced every 3,000 miles in accordance with the stupid little peel-off stickers they put on your windshield every time recommending you come back in 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Except I'm not following a dealer recommended service. I am following a manufacturer recommended service straight out of the owner's manual which says service is due when the Maintenance Minder says it is due, which just happened to coincide with 10K, 20K, and 30K on my mileage.
Then that is not what is traditionally meant by x-mile service. You took your car in for an oil change. The mileage is irrelevant.

·
Super Moderator
12,519 Posts
I took my 2018 Accord 1.5T Touring into the dealership yesterday for its 30K service
Except I'm not following a dealer recommended service.
Yes you are.

Honda has no such recommendation for a "30K service", no definition or standardization of what that service might be, nor any code in the maintenance minder for this "service".

One Honda dealer near me has a "30K service" that includes changing your coolant and transmission fluid. A Firestone dealer near me adds changing spark plugs to that list, and another Honda dealer leaves out a coolant change but adds a brake fluid change and fuel injector cleaning.

Truly, we live in a golden age.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Have a '16 EX Coupe CVT. The flat horizontal panel on top of the iMid screen warped and popped out of place in first year. Dealer wasn't surprised at all. I guess it's not uncommon for these thin plastic panels to warp.

They couldn't get the original to stay put so they ordered a new one plus a replacement for the bezel that surrounds the iMid screen, where that panel snaps in. No issues since both were replaced in '17.

BTW: The manual for my '16 says to replace brake fluid every 3 years, which -at least for me- worked out to be 30k. The dealer did try to sneak in a $44 can of engine cleaner crap on my B12 service at 30k, but I caught them. If I wanted/needed engine cleaner, I can buy the same can for $12.50 on Amazon and pour it in the tank myself for free.

And then there was the charge for windshield washer fluid on my bill but I know perfectly well they didn't put a drop of it in the reservoir. I filled the reservoir the night before the service and I marked the level on the back side of the tank with a marker. The service manager got a disgusted look on his face when I showed him that the level was right at my mark, like "What, you don't trust us?". He got that right! 😛

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Ronch
Drive Accord Honda Forums
Drive Accord forum, a community where Honda Accord owners can discuss reviews, service, parts, and share mods.
Full Forum Listing