Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,063 Posts
It looks like my rotors are warped on my 2015 EX-L v6 Coupe. I had to stop fast yesterday from about 95mph and the steering wheel was shaking pretty good. I then started to really check it with hard braking from different speeds and could really tell the difference from faster speeds. My car has 11k miles on it right now and this is very disappointing!
Because of cops?! :lmao:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
677 Posts
Because of cops?! :lmao:
I was going down the HWY at the posted 75mph and had to merge into the left lane because my lane was ending. The people next to me would not let me over so I had to accelerate ahead 4 car lengths to hit an open hole before the lane ended. Went from 75 to about 100 and merged into traffic and then traffic ahead was backing up so we all had to decelerate to about 25mph quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I am having vibrating and pulsating/shaking when I brake at 26.000 miles. I have babied this car like crazy; never had to re=surface my rotors once with a Hyundai. I am very surprised!!! 2014 Honda Accord.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pulsing brakes are not a result of bad rotors, they are a result of bad pads. Better pads, ferro/Carbon pads hold up betters to higher temps and will not cause this problem with the same rotors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone experienced warped front rotors with low mileage? My wife drives the car gently and at 20k the rotors are warped to the point I need to get it addressed and repaired. I've never experiences these conditions with such little mileage before

I expressed my concern at 16k to the dealer and was offered a resurface for 150.00 with re-installing the old pads, which is pathetic. I passed on this as I thought that Honda corp would take care of this under warranty.

I have an appt with another dealer next Monday to get this resolved. I see similar issues with Odysseys and Pilots at low mileage so hopefully I can get a break and have Honda absorb some or all of the cost.

Any insight is appreciated
** I used this info in another reply concerning warped Accord front rotors: based upon my experience with Accords I think that the OEM rotors are of poor quality. I've owned 3 Accords: a 2005, 2010, and 2013 and have experienced warped rotors on all 3 cars. ** By the way I drive conservatively and baby my brakes.
** After a couple of years the brake pedal starts pulsating when braking. It's especially noticeable when braking at highway speed. With my '05 the steering wheel would also vibrate a bit when braking. After this condition starts it just gets worse with the passage of time. ** I buy high quality aftermarket rotors to replace the OEM rotors and after that I have never experienced this problem. ** This seems to be a fairly common problem with Accords. Maybe if enough people complain Honda will do something about it. ?

Bookmark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Write your reply...
AttachmentInsert linkSmiliesInsert image

BoldItalic

editor_dropdown.caliMobile
  • Bold
  • Italic
  • Underline
  • Unordered list
  • Ordered list
  • Code
  • Spoiler
PreviewPost reply

Recommended Reading
  1. rust on rotors
    Wheels, Suspension & Brakes
  2. Oh, More Issues with Noises and Brakes....
  3. (Recommendation for) Types of Grease Needed for Brake Job?
    • L LanEvo · updated 12 days ago

4. Accord 2007 VP 2 inch lift, larger tires
    • B bltnm · updated 13 days ago
  5. Acura TL springs on 2.4 Sedan?
Read More
  • VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter St, Suite 901, Toronto, ON, M5V 2H1, Canada
  • Cookie Preferences by TrustArc
  • Forum software by XenForo RSS

41 - 47 of 47 Posts