Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
:)
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:)
I have a question regarding my warranty.
Recently my 08 coupe started to make squeaky break sound...
i called the honda dealer and they said its not covered under warranty.
i thought warranty covers all of the parts..no?

sorry im a such a noob....thanks!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Brake parts are not covered under warranty, they are wearable items. Assuming that is the problem.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Have you had your rear brake worked on? If the squeak is from rear brake (actually even if it's from the front), they might fix it under:

1) Rear brake settlement
2) Front brake TSB
3) Good-will

Take your car in for brake inspection and mention number 1 and 2 and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
1) Rear brake settlement
2) Front brake TSB
3) Good-will
Would this work for an '09 COupe EX-L? Ever since the winter came in, my breaks squeek when I break, it goes off and one, sometimes it squeeks, sometimes it doens't. But the past few months (aside from the last 2 weeks) I've had squeeky breaks. Not sure the cause.

·
08 Accord V6 Coupe w/ NAV
3,260 Posts
Would this work for an '09 COupe EX-L? Ever since the winter came in, my breaks squeek when I break, it goes off and one, sometimes it squeeks, sometimes it doens't. But the past few months (aside from the last 2 weeks) I've had squeeky breaks. Not sure the cause.
I believe 09 is also covered.

·
:)
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's exactly my situation.. I will try and take it to the honda dealer and see what they do...

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
That's exactly my situation.. I will try and take it to the honda dealer and see what they do...
Let me know how it goes jat, I don't really have much time to go in for the next few weeks because of school. If I go in before you I'll be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
851 Posts
So, Toyota has sticky gas pedals and now honda has brake problems =D
Prob the 2 most important things that you need to work at all times and its gone wrong in the two most competitive car companies =D

·
2009 v6 Accord Coupe BBP
33 Posts
brakes are most of the time not covered under the honda warranty.
its a wear-and-tear which isnt covered. not even under extended.
exceptions are warranties offered by dealerships, so check your warranty contract.
lots of dealerships have extended warranties that go beyond hondas warranty/honda care.
for obvious purposes of bringing in business.

for recently purchased used cars, you have low mile warranties like (2k-5k) that cover everything and anything. for new cars you have the lemon law. anything past that is you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts