Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 2007 6-6 accord for $3,000. Everything worked well, was provided paper work for clutch, timing belt and brakes and I didn't see any problems. After getting in inspected, one oil leak was found. I do not believe it is the rear main seal because it is not that large but it could be the thrust plate. Any input helps, thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,849 Posts
Could be the VTEC solenoid valve pressure switch or VTEC spool valve gasket further above which are not too difficult to replace, or the oil pump gasket which is much more difficult to replace.

I had similar small leak with my 2005 6/6 Couple, I changed the VTEC solenoid pressure and spool valve gaskets which made no difference stopping the leak, ended up selling the car when I found another vehicle.

See this thread for some additional info on the oil pump gasket.
(19) Where does this engine oil leak come from? | Drive Accord Honda Forums

·
Gearhead Girl 🤟
770 Posts
You could also take it to a second independent mechanic.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
What oil leak? So far you do not describe or show an oil leak. Only an oil stain.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I found a 2007 6-6 accord for $3,000. Everything worked well, was provided paper work for clutch, timing belt and brakes and I didn't see any problems. After getting in inspected, one oil leak was found. I do not believe it is the rear main seal because it is not that large but it could be the thrust plate. Any input helps, thank you. View attachment 531145
What @qman said.
You need to clean it up..spray it down with "brakleen" and wipe down everything that's coated with that oily mess...
Then, run the car and check it within a few hours.
It makes no sense to take a photo like that because it could be coming from anywhere.
Get the the area clean, first...then, post the new pics.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Probably just a One Post Guy

For me that's an oil weep. If it stains the driveway, it's a leak.
What if its on your shirt?

Reactions: WDHewson
1 - 10 of 10 Posts