Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to those touch-less car washes offered at gas stations, with the strong pressure, and after it finished I got out to clean the back seat and i found water leaking down from the top. Pics below...

I know it's from the black rubber outside the car, has anyone had this before?

Btw. I have a 2009 Coupe I4.

·
youtube.com/justahondaaccord
1,639 Posts
That is not good at all, probably coming from the seal for the rear small window. I would definitely take it to the dealer for that issue.

·
Leased a VW_My life ****s
2,105 Posts
Now that is some real bullshit. That right there makes me not want to buy a Honda ever again. That shouldn't even be a problem.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
"...car washes offered at gas stations, with the strong pressure..."

When you take it to the dealer leave out the "strong pressure" part. Don't want to give them an extra reason to fight you on this.

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is not good at all, probably coming from the seal for the rear small window. I would definitely take it to the dealer for that issue.
Yeah I will first thing tomorrow Monday morning. I suspect it is the seal also. It looked like the water was coming in from there. Excuse the hole you see, I tried to pry it open with my fingers to see what was happening in there.

Now that is some real bullshit. That right there makes me not want to buy a Honda ever again. That shouldn't even be a problem.
I said the exact same thing!! With a big storm it means the car will be flood inside.

"...car washes offered at gas stations, with the strong pressure..."

When you take it to the dealer leave out the "strong pressure" part. Don't want to give them an extra reason to fight you on this.
Yeah, Ill just say I washed it myself with the regular water hose. I just tried it today with the water hose and water goes in again.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
How many miles do you have on the car?

And If it's below 36000 miles, take it to the dealer and just tell them that you have a rear window leak.. DON'T GIVE THEM ANY DETAIL'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... Just say you washed your car at Home and when you went to clean the interior you saw this

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE MORE PICTURES!!!! the MORE YOU HAVE THE BETTER ... IF YOU TAKE A VIDEO THAT"S EVEN BETTER.. Just take a video of you walking to the car/ and into the back seat..

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How many miles do you have on the car?

And If it's below 36000 miles, take it to the dealer and just tell them that you have a rear window leak.. DON'T GIVE THEM ANY DETAIL'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.... Just say you washed your car at Home and when you went to clean the interior you saw this

MAKE SURE YOU TAKE MORE PICTURES!!!! the MORE YOU HAVE THE BETTER ... IF YOU TAKE A VIDEO THAT"S EVEN BETTER.. Just take a video of you walking to the car/ and into the back seat..
Yeah, I'll take it to the dealer. The car has about 15000 KM. Ill do the video thing you said good idea. Thanks man.

Ill do anything because im sure they will try to say that I did something wrong, but I wont let them. Last time I threatened to break their computer in the front desk after they kept telling 10912093 times that they wont cover the condenser line because a rock punctured the line or something like that. I told him that it was not my fault that your stu pid company didn't put a grill in front to protect it. After I threatened them by grabbing their LCD screen they changed it for free. :lmao: No mercy with the dealerships, they will even try to steal the last screw on the car to sell it to someone else.

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
WOW
Great "initial quality"
No more HONDA
Hyundai has much better initial quality nowadays.
Not really this happen because he went through a HIGH PRESSURE car wash.. and maybe the position of the car when he parked into the wash unit was at a point were the pressure washer was angled right into the rear window/rear roof seal and caused a small lift in the window seal making it leak into the car.

Has nothing to do with the Quality of the build of the car.. Because if it doesn't happen under regular weather condition then it's has nothing to do with HONDA QUALITY defect.

Just BAD LUCK!

·
Stanced 8thGen Accord
4,753 Posts
Yeah, I'll take it to the dealer. The car has about 15000 KM. Ill do the video thing you said good idea. Thanks man.

Ill do anything because im sure they will try to say that I did something wrong, but I wont let them. Last time I threatened to break their computer in the front desk after they kept telling 10912093 times that they wont cover the condenser line because a rock punctured the line or something like that. I told him that it was not my fault that your stu pid company didn't put a grill in front to protect it. After I threatened them by grabbing their LCD screen they changed it for free. :lmao: No mercy with the dealerships, they will even try to steal the last screw on the car to sell it to someone else.
LOL.. Your right.. My luck is that i have a couple of friends at the dealer so i'm lucky. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
OP,

Do you have a sun/moon-roof? It's a bit early for the drainage tube to be plugged but it's a possibility if there is a chance leafs and debries could have gotten into and plug the drainage tubes.....

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OP,

Do you have a sun/moon-roof? It's a bit early for the drainage tube to be plugged but it's a possibility if there is a chance leafs and debries could have gotten into and plug the drainage tubes.....

Hmm, yes I do have a moon roof! I didn't even know there were drainage tubes. I shall check that tomorrow. I'll get back to you after I remove anything stuck in there and water down the spot again to see if any water will leak in.

Nice one!

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
After last weeks water problem I immediately went to Honda the next day (Monday August 9, 2010). They gave me an appointment for today (Monday August 16, 2010). I guess it wasn't so important to them that water was leaking in.

I dropped the car in at 8 am, and they said they will need it till 5pm. I will update as soon as I receive more info.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I try to stay away from high pressure washes, but when I do use them I stay 3 feet from the paint or else it may damage parts. With that said, a high pressure wash from 3 feet away applys the same pressure as my garden hose 6 inches away rendering a high pressure wash useless. At least for my personal preference. I use a wet micro fiber towel or sponge to dislogde stubborn dirt and bugs from a wet surface- not high pressure from the hose. Same thing would apply to OEM wheels, theres a clear coat on them too with a certain high pressure tolerance limit. Remember that extremely high high high pressure water is used in metal cutting applications.

One possiblity would be that the high pressure of water penetrated through seals meant to seal off low water pressure (rain drops, conventional garden hose pressure). If it still leaks under low pressure conditions then there's a bad problem here.

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I try to stay away from high pressure washes, but when I do use them I stay 3 feet from the paint or else it may damage parts. With that said, a high pressure wash from 3 feet away applys the same pressure as my garden hose 6 inches away rendering a high pressure wash useless. At least for my personal preference. I use a wet micro fiber towel or sponge to dislogde stubborn dirt and bugs from a wet surface- not high pressure from the hose. Same thing would apply to OEM wheels, theres a clear coat on them too with a certain high pressure tolerance limit. Remember that extremely high high high pressure water is used in metal cutting applications.

One possiblity would be that the high pressure of water penetrated through seals meant to seal off low water pressure (rain drops, conventional garden hose pressure). If it still leaks under low pressure conditions then there's a bad problem here.
Yeah. Well the wash that the gas stations offer aren't THAT strong, but even with a regular water hose i was getting water in. Still in for service, i guess they were right it will take till 5pm.

·
In Reverse
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE 4:54 PM: The dealership says that they changed the back windows, and it's still leaking. They are now going to play "process of elimination", and change the black weather strip on the roof edge of the car. They will keep the car till tomorrow.

Btw they said my old tints were thrown away with the old glass. Do you think I can get some compensation for that from honda or the dealership?

·
Registered
22 Posts
It never hurts to ask. I'd call Honda and file a case with them for all of this as well. This is just plain terrible and I really feel for ya.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts