Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. Went driving today and noticed water damage on the headliner in the back. I am so pissed. We've been having a lot of snow lately and weird weather but I park in the garage at all times. Hopefully I can take it to the dealership and they'll fix it for free.

I'll post up pics when I get a chance.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No tint. Stock as can be. Do u guys know if his is covered under warranty? I picked up the car in May 2013

·
Registered
122 Posts
What in the world would tinting have to do with anything? I get a few drops of water coming in during heavy rain. If it keeps up I'm taking mine in. This should be covered?

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
What in the world would tinting have to do with anything? I get a few drops of water coming in during heavy rain. If it keeps up I'm taking mine in. This should be covered?
I was going to mention tinting, too. The tint installers usually soak everything while installing tint. I've seen several complaints on other boards about stained headliners and c-pillar trim.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Oh ouch. GL to you. I'm sure it'll all be fixed in no time. (I need to check mine)

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
appointment Wednesday.... lets see how this goes.
"Completely normal, sir. The engineers designed the headliner to soak up small amounts of water and release it into the car to ensure proper humidity levels. The water rings are a byproduct of this process and are temporary. They will go away and no longer be visible to you once you sell the car and no longer own it."

-Stealership

·
Registered
126 Posts
"Completely normal, sir. The engineers designed the headliner to soak up small amounts of water and release it into the car to ensure proper humidity levels. The water rings are a byproduct of this process and are temporary. They will go away and no longer be visible to you once you sell the car and no longer own it."

-Stealership
This reads funny, but sadly this kind of crap happens. Friends of ours purchased a brand new Volvo SUV that leaked badly in the tailgate area from the get-go and which the dealer could not figure out how to fix. Dealer finally insisted that it was the grade the car was sitting on when parked in their driveway that was causing it to leak. It took escalating up the food chain at Volvo and a lawyer to finally get Volvo to step up and replace the vehicle.

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Looks like a loose rear drain hose on sunroof.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just like the title says. Went driving today and noticed water damage on the headliner in the back. I am so pissed. We've been having a lot of snow lately and weird weather but I park in the garage at all times. Hopefully I can take it to the dealership and they'll fix it for free.

I'll post up pics when I get a chance.
Take some pictures on the outside of the car where the rubber window seals are.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Took it in this morning. Hopefully they clean up the headliner. They gave me a 2014 civic for a loaner and I must say that the civic sucks. Well at least the lx does. Decent pickup and standard features but there's just something about it. Kinda weird using a key again.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Took it in this morning. Hopefully they clean up the headliner. They gave me a 2014 civic for a loaner and I must say that the civic sucks. Well at least the lx does. Decent pickup and standard features but there's just something about it. Kinda weird using a key again.
I seriously doubt they can clean a water stain in the headliner...esp. a light colored one. When you get it back check real carefully that they didnt cover it up with some other junk like a powdery substance or chalk.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They found the source. On top of the car there are 2 blk strips. One strip's adhesive was coming up and under it there was a pin sized hole where the weld was. So fixing the adhesive and hole and replacing the headliner.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
It will be interesting how they will get the headliner in without folds showing up. Best of luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@alex.... ya i was surprised.. but my car is less that a year old and obviously a car defect.. so they cant say too much... i was hoping to get a sweet rental but ended up with a civic.. kinda forgot what a regular transmission felt like... nice little pick up. since miss my push start though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts