Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had heavy rain over the last few days but today I noticed a bit of water intrusion with the doors fully closed. Has anyone else seen this. Take a look at the photo and let me know. I haven't seen this with any of my previous Hondas. I'll assume this occurred while the car was in motion.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
the rain on the interior black plastic must be when you open the door, I cannot imagine water flooding in, it would be on the carpet if so, or perhaps window was open slightly? Also no buildup between weatherstrip and black interior plastic, there is a groove there.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the rain on the interior black plastic must be when you open the door, I cannot imagine water flooding in, it would be on the carpet if so, or perhaps window was open slightly? Also no buildup between weatherstrip and black interior plastic, there is a groove there.
The car was totally closed up (again, it's been raining). Perhaps those droplets shook loose from the door's closing impact. I opened and closed it a few times while running errands. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Wipe that area and close the door. Using a water hose and blast it at the gaps. Come back with an update

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
No PRND
583 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
I just did a layer of mass loaded vinyl on my doors so I got a good look at the inside. The inner door is channeled in a way that wouldn't allow water to flow through like this.

·
Registered
230 Posts
could b water on door which dropped down when u opened the door?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I just did a layer of mass loaded vinyl on my doors so I got a good look at the inside. The inner door is channeled in a way that wouldn't allow water to flow through like this.
What this guy said. :thmsup:

·
Hello
104 Posts
after heavy rain driving on the highway, water manages to go on the silver part in your picture, not the black plastic for my car.

there was another thread on this not sure it it's a common problem or limited

1 - 10 of 10 Posts