Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a leak on the passenger side Of a 2010 sedan with sunroof, water is pooling or at least very wet right where the cloth and plastic meet on the top of the A Pilar. The fabric has even began to discolor a little from the water. Don’t want to take it to steslership and have them charge crazy amount if is only something small. This recently just started in the last week or two.
original windshield as far as I can tell, has honda logo on it, not original owner however have had it for 5 years.
ran a wire thru the drains today, front facing above windshield, no debris came out. Flushed with water and flows out right away On the ground at end of drain.

any ideas?
Can I pop that plastic cover off without having the airbag go off?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
I am willing to bet the leak is at the roof at the roof seam underneath the black plastic filler. You need to look very carefully.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The plastic/rubber that goes around the glass on the outside?
or
is there a piece on the inside of the roof I have to examine Tomm in daylight?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
At the roof there is a 1 inch wide black plastic filler strip that covers the roof seam.

Watch this video on a 2009 with the same leak.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
very interesting....the water is definitely pooling in same spot on mine as in video where the fabric meets the plastic. Will soak the area with buckets of water Tomm and have my wife sit inside to see if water comes in.

·
Just here for the food
1,869 Posts
Good luck figuring that out OP. I had the same thing with mine after a windshield replacement and it came and went whenever it felt like it. Never was much of a bother because water was never pouring into the car though it did stain the headliner and that was easy to clean.
Had the same thing happen in a Civic I had the windshield replaced on too... quite a trend lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only reason I noticed was coat I left on seat was wet one day. Thought bottle of water spilled on it or the bottle “sweat“ on it but a few days later my felt water while driving in the rain...

will try tomorrow and report back what I find in there

·
Registered
15 Posts
More often than not, it is indeed the seam of the roof to the side of the vehicle - which is hidden underneath the roof rail fillets which run ontop of the car from front to back. Take any roof rails off, and then slide the fillets (as the black bits of plastic have an eye fastener underneath that slides over small round pillars welded into the roof seam area to secure them). give the whole rail gulley a clean and a scrub and you will generally notice the seam sealant has gone on holiday in three areas … above each of the posts!.

Once scrubbed clean, dry it with compressed air if you are in a rush, and then put a clear sealant bead across the full gulley front to back, and whilst soft replace your roof rail trim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So has been cold here and couldn’t get everything apart...nice today so dig into it. The water seems to be leaking from the top corner of the windshield. Called around to see if someone can remove and reseal the windshield and no one can or would.

anyone have any luck using silicone across there?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts