Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#8 in 08
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with water in the trunk?

My mother has a 2013 Sedan Sport. When she takes it through the touchless car wash, she gets some water in the trunk. [It is easy to see since she has a trunk tray.]

She had a bit of damage to her trunk a few months back. Unfortunately, a new trunk lid was installed.

I am trying to help her figure out if it was a bad install of the new trunk lid or if others are having the same problem.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Anyone have problems with water in the trunk?

My mother has a 2013 Sedan Sport. When she takes it through the touchless car wash, she gets some water in the trunk. [It is easy to see since she has a trunk tray.]

She had a bit of damage to her trunk a few months back. Unfortunately, a new trunk lid was installed.

I am trying to help her figure out if it was a bad install of the new trunk lid or if others are having the same problem.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.
No problem here.

Jay

·
Austin, TX
85 Posts
When I open the trunk, water spills into the trunk if there's a lot of water on the lid. The trunk lid has never fit well, and the dealership will not acknowledge that there's a problem. If I open the trunk very slowly, the water drains off without going into the trunk.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It has to be do to the fender bender. I would take it to the shop where u had the work done. Im sure u have warranty for a year

·
Banned
13,098 Posts

·
Banned
177 Posts
Yeah, here is yet another thread from a member that never bothers to post updates....
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140401&highlight=nguyen+water

Best thing to do is to be in the trunk with a flashlight next time it goes through a car wash. If you can pull the trim/carpet out first all the better. You will spot the leak entry point immediately.
+1 it's exactly what they do at the body shop.
there is one more way to check for a leak; tape pieces of the paper towel around the trunk strip (on the inner, trunk side of strip) and see where it will get wet.

·
Elvira
3,605 Posts
Yeah, here is yet another thread from a member that never bothers to post updates....
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=140401&highlight=nguyen+water

Best thing to do is to be in the trunk with a flashlight next time it goes through a car wash. If you can pull the trim/carpet out first all the better. You will spot the leak entry point immediately.
Dust the trunk interior area near the lip and the perimeter of the trunk opening with baby powder. Anywhere there is a water leak it will track across and through the powder pointing directly at the leak and point of ingress.

Works great with coolant leaks in the engine too.

Miker

·
#8 in 08
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate all the responses.

It is time to get in touch with the body shop.

·
Registered
243 Posts
When I washed my car today I noticed soapy water in all four of my door sills when I opened them...pretty annoying. Is this standard?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes, a rubber piece was added to the bottom of the doors to reduce road noise on the 9th gens but in turn collects water frequently. If the water isn't inside the car, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When it's raining or has recently rained and I open the trunk whater spills in from the wells. Honda will not acknowledge there’s a problem. Has anyone found a fix for this problem? Should I go to a body shop? 2013 Accord

·
Old DriveAccord Soul
1,811 Posts
As others have mentioned, when you do open a trunk lid quickly with lots of water on it, some of it will get into the trunk. If you open it slowly, water will funnel off accordingly and keep the trunk dry. I don't an issue with this as this is common sense and you'd get the same results with most makes models with a trunk. You don't need a body shop, you need to exercise patience.

For the OP who had an issue with water entry with the trunk CLOSED, yes that's an issue that hopefully he/she resolved.

What are people keeping in their trunks anyways? Gremlins? Bags of uncovered dry pancake mix? Suede trunk mats?

·
Registered
2013 Honda Accord Touring K24W i4 w/CVT
191 Posts
I had a problem with my last Honda leaking water into the trunk. The drains were clogged in the left and right corners of the trunk lid so water would get inside and slosh around. Unclogged the drains and it’s been fine ever since.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts