Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the doors suppose to be completely water tight? I opened my door today to track down some loose speaker wires and found some rain water (not a pool of it) in my door and my speaker was wet. Maybe I didn't seat the inner door panel correctly when I did my speaker installation, I don't know.

Anyone else have any water getting in their doors?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
The doors are not water tight. Water will get past the seal at the window sill.

Jay

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The doors are not water tight. Water will get past the seal at the window sill.

Jay
That is not good! I will have to check my doors tomorrow. I went through a car wash today and noticed that there was a small gap for the weather stripping. My 1973 Jaguar XJ6 has the same thing, fortunately the doors have not rusted out....

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
All doors are designed to shed some water down through and out the bottom. There is no practical way to make a COMPLETELY watertight seal from the window glass to the rubber strip and still allow the window to move. So a little water gets in and gets routed down and out drain holes at the bottom of the door. I haven't opened up this car yet but it doesn't sound right that your speaker would be all wet though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yukfoo recently posted a similar thread as yours. I don't think he found water in his door per se, but there was evidence water was leaking by the door seals.

·
2013 Sport
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long as it's normal, I'm fine with it. I just ordered some foam speaker baffles to protect my speakers and I wrapped all my connections super tight with electrical tape. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Water will always get inside the doors. The water comes from the black seal between the door and the window. Thats why the sheet metal has a rust proof coating and there are drain holes on the bottom of the door.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts