Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently due to the vast amount around that has through my area, I gotten mud on my weather tech. Well, I immediately risened water on it and now their are stains where the mud was and I can't get it off! Is there a proper way to clean weather tech mats?

·
2015 Accord Touring I4
2,120 Posts
The mats have an uneven surface, I suggest using a soapy brush... mine still look like new after 7ish years.

·
1 of a Kind
371 Posts
Simple Green, A Wheel Brush & my elbow grease did the trick!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ditto on the Simple Green. I dilute the concentrate about 5:1 with hot water, then pour on and brush with a poly brush. Gets out almost all the staining - even on light colored Weather Techs that have suffered from winter road salt.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Throw on driveway...wet down...scrub with stiff bristle scrub brush or broom using laundry detergent, preferably powdered....hose off and let dry.

·
Registered
103 Posts
does your weathertech smell at first? Mine has a strong potent vinegar/rubber smell...Hope it goes away soon cuz I paid 200 for them

·
Registered
639 Posts
does your weathertech smell at first? Mine has a strong potent vinegar/rubber smell...Hope it goes away soon cuz I paid 200 for them
It goes away. I left mine in the basement for two weeks before putting them in the car. At that point the smell was still there, but not nearly so strong. No smell at all after about five weeks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine had a strong smell. I called weather tech a while back and they said it shouldn't have a smell. Then I got a bunch of my friends to smell my car, they couldn't stand it. The mats have been in there for 3 months. Yesterday, I went to Advance Auto Parts and picked up a Driven air freshener. It really seemed to be a problem when the outside sun heated up the car. I tried using laundry detergent and vinegar and even leaving them out in the sun for the whole day, but atlas nothing happened, and they still smell. The Driven air freshener did the trick and I cant smell the mats anymore. Worth the $3.28 total I paid. They come in a three pack. I put two under the drive and passenger seat and put one in the trunk.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I tried using laundry detergent and vinegar
You could also try Westley's Bleche-Wite, car wash concentrate, and ammonia.* They also do not work.

But three months is awfully long. Like I said, my smell was gone after a few weeks.

* (Separately. Never mix cleaners.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts