Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to get rid of a weird smell coming from the air vents in my car? I'm not sure what causes it but the air coming out of the vents smell funny..

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
370 Posts
Have you checked your cabin air filter lately? Those can get nasty if they aren't changed on a regular basis. Also- if you smoke in the car that could do it as well...

·
08' Coupe EX 4 Cyl
98 Posts
Have you checked your cabin air filter lately? Those can get nasty if they aren't changed on a regular basis. Also- if you smoke in the car that could do it as well...
I agree, more than likely your cabin air filter. I just changed mine, and way better. Check out either the Wix Bio Filter 75 or the Fram fresh breeze.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Glad we can help. This one is an easy one to look at yourself.

·
Parrot Head
409 Posts
At any time with just the fan on, the vents smell fine. When I turn the A/C on I get almost a metallic smell for about 10 seconds then it goes away and doesnt smell at all. My cabin filter is new. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
At any time with just the fan on, the vents smell fine. When I turn the A/C on I get almost a metallic smell for about 10 seconds then it goes away and doesnt smell at all. My cabin filter is new. :dunno:
Mine does the same thing with new air filter. I notice it more if I have not run the A/C for a while like now when we only have a few warm days a week.

·
Forum Insomniac
388 Posts
Check your feet. Maybe they smell? Just kidding.

I actually read a similar thread on another forum where stinky feet was the problem!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts