Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Just wondering if you get a weird glare that come in your rear window when another car gets really close to you. Looks like off gassing but isn't since I clean my window all the time. Just like first 2 bottom lines of the grid. Or if the light hits off or the rear headrests and makes it look smudgy. Is this normal. Does tinting help?

All the information you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
492 Posts
Could just be reflections on to the glass. Tint would definitely help if that is the issue.

Is this happening all the time or just specific times of the day etc.

The plastic interior is surprisingly reflective for Black plastic.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could just be reflections on to the glass. Tint would definitely help if that is the issue.

Is this happening all the time or just specific times of the day etc.

The plastic interior is surprisingly reflective for Black plastic.
Just happening at night. Tell me about it in the daytime the plastic for the stereo can be seen in my rear window annoying as hell.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I think it is the angle of the rear window that causes your issues. I especially noticed the shelf reflection going from the 7th gen to the 9th gen. 7th gen had larger angle so it didn't pick up the reflection of the shelf. Plus I think the 7th gen shelf is carpeted (except for speaker covers) and the 9th gen is completely plastic so it is more reflective anyway...regardless if you have a shiny dressing on there or not.

As for your night time glares, I don't know about that since I have the auto-dimming mirror. I usually can't see anything except headlights behind me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is the angle of the rear window that causes your issues. I especially noticed the shelf reflection going from the 7th gen to the 9th gen. 7th gen had larger angle so it didn't pick up the reflection of the shelf. Plus I think the 7th gen shelf is carpeted (except for speaker covers) and the 9th gen is completely plastic so it is more reflective anyway...regardless if you have a shiny dressing on there or not.

As for your night time glares, I don't know about that since I have the auto-dimming mirror. I usually can't see anything except headlights behind me.
I have anti dimming rear mirror. If they get really close the lights hit the mirror and makes it look like its smugin on window but I just cleaned it and it is still there. Maybe it's just the window angle that causes it.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I have anti dimming rear mirror. If they get really close the lights hit the mirror and makes it look like its smugin on window but I just cleaned it and it is still there. Maybe it's just the window angle that causes it.

I'll have to pay attention next time I drive at night to see if I see any "smudges" showing up. I'd bet on the angle of the window. The back of the headrests could be bouncing light back to the window from the headlights behind you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll have to pay attention next time I drive at night to see if I see any "smudges" showing up. I'd bet on the angle of the window. The back of the headrests could be bouncing light back to the window from the headlights behind you.
That's what I was thinking and I was yelling at Honda lol. Poor design but I shouldn't tell at them lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Tint will fix all your glaring problems I believe it's a fairly inexpensive fix and it makes your car look amazing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
polarization.

example pic of another car:

No that's not right. bottom does this or behind a back head rest. Everything else is ok. its inside and not outside. thanks though. I clean my windows crazy all the time. I have mild ocd when its not perfect.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have you tried yet?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Have you tried yet?

I happened to think of it the other night but I didn't notice anything. It was later at night and not a lot of traffic though. You should snap a phone pic in your mirror (when you are at a stoplight of course) and post up here so we can see exactly what you are talking about. Or have someone behind you in your driveway with headlights on. That way I'd know what to look for.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I happened to think of it the other night but I didn't notice anything. It was later at night and not a lot of traffic though. You should snap a phone pic in your mirror (when you are at a stoplight of course) and post up here so we can see exactly what you are talking about. Or have someone behind you in your driveway with headlights on. That way I'd know what to look for.
I think I can explain it better. The car behind me is so close to me that I cannot see their lights anymore. The light kinda bounces off and I can see it in my rear view mirror on the bottom part of the rear window.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
One thing I have noticed since I started paying attention is that the heater elements on the rear window will spread the light and you can see a small glare on each element above and below the headlight in the mirror. Is that maybe what you are seeing? Again, think this is just the angle of the window. I'll check your other scenario though, where the headlights are actually out of view of the mirror.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One thing I have noticed since I started paying attention is that the heater elements on the rear window will spread the light and you can see a small glare on each element above and below the headlight in the mirror. Is that maybe what you are seeing? Again, think this is just the angle of the window. I'll check your other scenario though, where the headlights are actually out of view of the mirror.
Yea that's really annoying heater lines. Wondering if Honda can do anything right.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Anything you saw?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts